PLAY WITH TEXTURE…
● Build up multiple layers. For an easy way to work the trend, pile on the cushions and throws, using different textures and tonal shades.
● Introduce touchy-feely furniture such as the sheepskin Fox chair from Habitat or the latest Bethan Gray collection at Anthropologie.
● Look for natural materials such as jute rugs, sheepskin and hessian wallpaper.
● Go overboard with pattern – this look is about tonal texture, not clashing prints.
● Limit yourself to soft furnishings. Ceramics and wood are also clever ways to add texture.
● Forget about your walls. Textured paint – such as the Craig & Rose Artisan Stone Effect range at homebase.co.uk – adds depth to a room. For a quick update, opt for a woven wall hanging; or, for a bold statement, hang a floor rug.
LAUNDRY BASKET, £100; THROW, £120; BENCH, £295; RUG, £350; CUSHIONS from top: CREAM, £55; PILE, £55; WOOL, £50, and GREY, £75, all habitat.co.uk