Chich­ester plot Whits end as De­laney fires Wolves

The Non-League Football Paper - - FA VASE THIRD ROUND - By Robin Jones

TWO goals in the open­ing six min­utes saw Chich­ester City march on with a 2-0 win at Whit­stable Town.

Josh Clack struck in the sec­ond minute and Scott Jones added an­other for the ti­tlechas­ing South­ern Com­bi­na­tion side just four min­utes later.

The high­est score of the round was West Mid­lands (Re­gional) League Premier di­vi­sion lead­ers Wolver­hamp­ton Sport­ing CFC’s 5-0 gi­ant-killing home win over

Shep­shed Dy­namo. Kyle De­laney helped him­self to a hat-trick to add to a Dim­itri Dunk­ley strike and own goal by Shep­shed skip­per Jake Betts. Brad­ford Town took a first­minute lead at home to Team So­lent through Alex Monks and never looked back. Fur­ther goals by Matty Mor­ris, Sam Jordan and sub­sti­tute Pete Shep­pard gave them a 4-0 win. Des­bor­ough Town beat vis­i­tors East­wood Com­mu­nity

FC 4-1 at home with John Dean hit­ting a hat-trick, in­clud­ing two in ex­tra-time. The vis­i­tors’ Jamie Thomas was sent off for re­marks made to the ref­eree be­fore Chay Bet­tridge grabbed their 89thminute lev­eller. Andy Hall re­stored Des­bor­ough’s lead in the 95th minute.

Two late sec­ond-half goals and two red cards ended Baffins Mil­ton Rovers’ cup hopes as they went down 4-1 at Hor­ley. The hosts scored through Tyler Yates, Ker­ren Boy­lan, Ley­ton Re­gan and Ryan Smith (pen) with Shane Cor­nish equal­is­ing for the vis­i­tors.

A Ja­son Tay­lor hat-trick, in­clud­ing two in ex­tra-time, saw vis­i­tors East­bourne Town beat Beck­en­ham Town 3-2 . Steve Hart, Do­minic Perkins and James Wil­liams net­ted for un­der­dogs Hinck­ley AFC in their 3-1 home win over United Coun­ties Premier ti­tle chasers Deep­ing Rangers who play one step above. Nick MacPherson scored all three goals for hosts Stour­port Swifts in their 3-1 win over Wal­sall Wood, while a sixth-minute goal by Aurele Beya earned New­port IoW a win 1-0 at Christchurch. Goals in each half by Ryan Mitchell and Jake Parker gave 1874 North­wich a 2-0 home win over Ash­ton

Ath­letic, while a Craig Gott penalty proved the win­ner for

Marske United in their 3-2 win at Run­corn Lin­nets. Gott and Leon Car­ling had ear­lier given Marske a two-goal lead, only for Daniel O’Brien (penalty) and Anthony Hickey to score twice in a minute to wipe out the deficit.

There were dou­bles for Tom Sil­ford and Lewis McBridge as

Leighton Town won 4-2 at Gor­leston, while Fred Wood­house scored the only goal of the game to give Stockton

Town a home vic­tory over City of Liver­pool.

Mike Dunn hit a dou­ble and a Vaughan Red­ford ef­fort helped Pon­te­fract Col­lieries to a 3-0 home win over Work­sop Town, while Dan Steven­son and Ryan Dove were the un­do­ing of Great Wak­er­ing Rovers as vis­i­tors Co­gen­hoe United re­turned with a 2-0 win. Wis­bech Town also won away, 2-0 at Rac­ing

Club War­wick, with Alex Beck and Sam Murphy on tar­get, as did Black­field &

Lan­g­ley, at Shol­ing, thanks to an in­jury-time win­ner from Liam Robin­son.

A dou­ble for Matthew Doyle helped Nor­wich CBS re­turn from Yax­ley with a 3-2 vic­tory, while two goals from Bradley Pearce saw Wind­sor come from be­hind to beat Wal­ton &

Her­sham 2-1 after Malachi Thomas had given the home side the lead.

A Joe Grant goal was enough to see Brack­nell Town re­turn from Lordswood with a 1-0 vic­tory.

Bridg­wa­ter Town drew 2-2 at home to Melk­sham Town, while an ex­tra-time penalty by Nathan Ge­orge gave

Big­gleswade FC a nar­row 2-1 vic­tory at Wel­wyn Gar­den City.

PIC­TURE: Stu­art Tree

ALL SMILES: Chich­ester City cel­e­brate their 2-0 win at Whit­stable In­set: Scott Jones scores the sec­ond goal

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.