The Non-League Football Paper - - STEP 5 & 6 ACTION -


REDHILL failed to take ad­van­tage of lead­ers Chert­sey Town and sec­ond-place Sut­ton Com­mon Rovers both be­ing in FA Vase ac­tion, as they were held 2-2 by vis­it­ing Cam­ber­ley Town.

Stephan Joseph equalised for the ten-man Reds with the last kick of the game af­ter Steve Bur­ford had pulled one back in the sec­ond half.

Dan Jewell and Jamie Hop­pitt had given Cam­ber­ley a two-goal half-time lead be­fore the im­pres­sive come­back from the high-fly­ers.

Goal­keeper Jor­dan Cle­ment scored with a clear­ance from just out­side his own box to hand Bad­shot Lea a 1-1 against Spelthorne Sports, with him equal­is­ing af­ter both sides had been re­duced to ten men.

Fourth-place Banstead Ath­letic were held 1-1 at third-bot­tom Wal­ton & Her­sham, with Cal­lum Robin­son equal­is­ing for the hosts.

That came af­ter Reece Wil­liamsBow­ers’ opener for Banstead,

Mean­while AFC Hayes won the bat­tle of the bot­tom two, beat­ing Han­worth Villa 2-1.

Else­where in the league, Southall ran out 6-0 win­ners against Knaphill, while Cob­ham beat Col­liers Wood United 3-1.

Guild­ford City fell to a 2-1 de­feat at CB Houn­slow United and Raynes Park Vale’s sched­uled game against Hor­ley Town was post­poned.



BISH­OPS CLEEVE shocked the league lead­ers as they emerged sur­prise 2-0 win­ners at Brack­ley Town Saints.

Both of the visitors’ goals came in the first half, through El­liot Kennedy’s penalty and then from Jack Watts just be­fore the break.

As­cot United move into sec­ond af­ter beat­ing Fair­ford Town 3-0 through sec­ond-half goals through Daniel Price and Jonny Den­ton’s brace.

They leapfrog Brim­scombe & Thrupp, who were held to a 1-1 draw at Royal Woot­ton Bas­sett Town on Fri­day night.

TJ Bo­hane hit Town’s equaliser af­ter the visitors had taken the lead just be­fore the break through Ash­ley Cald­well’s penalty.

Flack­well Heath were 2-0 vic­tors at Holmer Green, while Wan­tage Town fell to a 2-1 de­feat at Shriven­ham where An­to­nio Ger­rish and Tom Bal­lard com­pleted a sec­ond-half turn­around af­ter Ryan Markham’s penalty in the first pe­riod.

Lorenzo Di Felice, Adam Mills and Jamie Read scored in the first half as Vir­ginia Wa­ter beat Stag Meadow visitors Read­ing City 3-0.

Three of Satur­day’s Pre­mier Di­vi­sion matches were post­poned – Ard­ley United v Abing­don United, Lon­glevens v Wind­sor and Tuf­fley Rovers v Bin­field.


CHRIS DICK­ENS STANSTED re­main top of the ta­ble but their lead is only one point af­ter they came from be­hind to score twice in the last ten min­utes and gain a point in their lo­cal derby against Saw­bridge­worth Town.

Joe Wright and Julien Lloyd scored within five min­utes of each other mid­way through the sec­ond half but the Air­port­men hit back with a late dou­ble from James Tur­vey.

With Hull­bridge Sports on FA Vase duty, Take­ley and Saf­fron Walden Town took the chance to close the gap.

Take­ley are now level af­ter Coby Miles scored in the first half to beat Southend Manor. Saf­fron Walden scored five times against Il­ford with vet­eran Dan Tren­dall net­ting twice.

On Fri­day, Wood­ford Town won 4-1 at home to Stan­way Rovers thanks to Jor­dan San­der­son and Tami Ba­bilola, while Tyler Hayes got a con­so­la­tion.

Luke With grabbed a dou­ble to send Tower Ham­lets on their way to a 4-2 win at En­field 1893. Ijhal Cur­rie-Wil­son and Kris Quee­ley got the other goals as Dan Cham­bers and Michael Opoko re­sponded for En­field.

There was a 2-0 win for West Es­sex at Hod­des­don Town thanks to Tom Wood­bridge and Izzy Ogedi-Uzokwe.

Charncey Dash net­ted the only goal for St Mar­garets­bury as they beat Clap­ton 1-0 and Sport­ing Ben­gal United drew 1-1 with Ley­ton Ath­letic.



ALRESFORD Town earned a valu­able three points on a cold and wet af­ter­noon in Mid Hamp­shire on Satur­day.

Town were 2-0 Shaftes­bury.

The hosts took the lead mid­way through the open­ing pe­riod when Sam Burt scored fol­low­ing a de­fen­sive mixup.

The Mag­pies ex­tended their ad­van­tage in the first half when Paul Coven­try scored a loop­ing header from the edge of the box on 37 min­utes.

Town went in 2-0 up at the break and that was the way the game ended up at full-time as well af­ter a qui­eter sec­ond half.

Nas­sim Medah scored the only goal of the game as Bournemouth Pop­pies won 1-0 at home to An­dover New Street in a hard-fought game at Vic­to­ria Park.

Else­where, Shol­ing made it an in­cred­i­ble 15 suc­ces­sive vic­to­ries with a romp­ing 5-1 win at home to Fare­ham Town.

Lee Wort grabbed an im­pres­sive four-goal haul for the home side and By­ron Ma­son was also on tar­get for the Boat­men at Portsmouth Road as they ran riot once again.

For­mer AFC Portch­ester man, Si­mon Woods, did pull a goal back for the vis­it­ing Creek­siders but that's all it was for Fare­ham as they were out­played on the day. win­ners against MATT RICHBELL


BUCKLAND Ath­letic pro­duced their best per­for­mance of the sea­son so far to de­feat league lead­ers Bridg­wa­ter at Homers Heath.

The visitors en­joyed the bet­ter of the first half,and af­ter Richard Groves had can­celled out Jack Tay­lor’s opener, Jake Brown re­stored their lead, head­ing home an Ian Bellinger free-kick in first-half stop­page time.

Buckland grabbed a sec­ond equaliser on the hour mark through Chris McPhee, be­fore a three-goal blitz gave the Devon side all three points with Jor­dan Ew­ing, James Richards and Groves all find­ing the back of the net.

Un­beaten West­bury are just a point be­hind Bridg­wa­ter, with Cal­lum Demkiv net­ting a first-half brace dur­ing their 31 win over Bris­ling­ton.

Odd Down were an­other side to win by three goals to one, with Ash McGrane again among the scor­ers in their vic­tory over Welling­ton, while a late own goal helped Shep­ton Mal­let de­feat Hallen 2-1 in Som­er­set.

Lu­cas Vowles struck twice af­ter the break, as Cleve­don claimed a 4-1 win away at Brid­port and goals from Jack Wit­combe and Matt Mor­ris helped Brad­ford Town secure a 2-0 vic­tory over Ro­man Glass St Ge­orge.

Ge­orge Box and Joe White scored for Chip­ping Sod­bury Town in their 21 win over Hen­grove Ath­letic and else­where, Ben Bickle struck twice as Wil­land de­feated Short­wood 4-0.



WITH the top two of Big­gleswade FC and Tring Ath­letic do­ing bat­tle in an FA Vase re­play, Hadley headed to Edg­ware Town know­ing a win would take them joint top. How­ever, they had to set­tle for just a point af­ter a hard­fought en­counter ended goal­less.

Ar­lesey Town make up the top four de­spite go­ing down 3-0 to a resur­gent Leighton Town. Leighton put in ar­guably their best per­for­mance of the sea­son as they recorded their fifth league win.

Two of the bot­tom three met at Harpen­den Town where the hosts leapfrogged their op­po­nents Cock­fos­ters af­ter they won 3-2. Kyle McCleish, Archie McClel­land and Harry Hunt scored for Harpen­den to give them a three-goal lead and de­spite two late goals from Cock­fos­ters, the hosts held out for a much-needed win.

Stot­fold re­main bot­tom af­ter they lost for the 14th time in the league this sea­son as they went down 1-0 at home to Lev­er­stock Green.

Alex Witham scored the game’s only goal from a bril­liantly-ex­e­cuted 87thminute free-kick.

Else­where, Pot­ton United main­tain their place in the top six af­ter they drew 2-2 at home to Lon­don Col­ney thanks to goals from Gary Ansel­lCarter and Gareth Hunt, whilst Wembley’s mini re­vival came to a halt af­ter they lost 4-2 at Craw­ley Green, for whom Danny Wat­son scored twice.



IT WAS a cru­cial day in the League ti­tle fight as the top eight were play­ing each other.

Lead­ers Fisher re­tained top spot as they beat Chatham Town 2-1. Rob Brown scored ei­ther side of the break be­fore a late con­so­la­tion.

Sec­ond-placed Beck­en­ham Town kept the pres­sure on as they won 3-2 at Crow­bor­ough Ath­letic. Jesse Darko put the visitors ahead but Bay­ley Col­bran lev­elled in the sec­ond half.

Luke Me­d­ina scored two quick-fire goals for Beck­en­ham be­fore Luke Lep­pard pulled one back.

Cray Val­ley’s chal­lenge was dented by a 3-2 home de­feat to Deal Town.

Billy Mun­day gave Deal an early lead but Joe N’Guessen lev­elled in the 21stminute. Ben Chap­man scored ei­ther side of half-time de­spite An­thony Edgar lev­el­ling again for the Millers.

Sam Bewick net­ted twice for Corinthian as they came from be­hind to win 4-2 at Shep­pey United.

An in­cred­i­ble fin­ish at Hol­lands & Blair saw Bearsted come from 3-0 down in the 87th minute to grab a draw thanks to Peter Wil­liams’ late hat­trick.

Lordswood fought off a late come­back from Croy­don Ath­letic to win 4-2 thanks to Jor­dan Casey’s late goal.

Tun­bridge Wells ham­mered Croy­don 5-2 with K Sports beat­ing Rusthall 2-0 and Erith Town and Pun­jab United draw­ing 1-1.



LEAD­ERS Daven­try Town got them­selves in front early against at Har­bor­ough Town, through Adam Cre­aney’s per­fect chip into the top cor­ner, and never looked back as they held on and ul­ti­mately saw through a 1-0 vic­tory.

That was es­pe­cially im­por­tant as sec­ond-place Rugby Town were held 1-1 by Deep­ing Rangers.

Dan­ico John­son put the Val­ley ahead be­fore David Bur­ton-Jones pow­ered home Dan Schi­avi’s free-kick to level for the visitors late on and ensure the spoils were shared

Hol­beach United ran out as mas­sive 7-0 vic­tors at Welling­bor­ough Whit­worth, with two goals each from James Tricks, Joshua Ford and Billy Smith, with Will Bird hit­ting the other.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.