ARGYLLSHIRE CONSTABULARY OF LIGHTING RESTRICTIONS.
------------RELAXATION The following relaxations of existing restrictions as to Lighting are permitted, but only apply to Lights not visible
from the sea.
1. Obscuring of Street Lights suspended, but number to be Lighted not to exceed one half of normal.
2. Shading of House and Shop Lights suspended, but prohibitions of Lights in Shop Windows and Advertisements Lights are continued.
3. Applications for Bonfires and Firework Displays can only be granted through the Chief Constable, to whom all applications must be made direct.
4. Ringing of Bells and Striking of Clocks permitted.
5. Part III of Lighting, heating, and Power Order, 1918 is suspended.
6. The above relaxations are approved for one week only, from this day, and any contravention of them is an offence against D.O.R.A. H. S. TURNBULL, Lieut-Colonel, Chief Constable of Argyllshire. Lochgilphead,
11th November, 1918