Many failures in UK system
A review into building regulations and fire safety has found “deep flaws”. The key findings include:
• Roles and responsibilities of those involved in building and maintaining buildings are unclear;
• Regulations and guidance can be “ambiguous and inconsistent”;
• Processes that drive compliance are weak and complex with poor recordkeeping;
• Competence across the system is patchy;
• The producttesting, labelling and marketing regime is opaque and insufficient;
• Voices of residents often go unheard.