The Press and Journal (Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire) - - THE SCORE -

igh-fly­ing Fraser­burgh moved into sec­ond spot fol­low­ing a com­fort­able win against 10-man Keith at Bell­slea.

The 4-0 vic­tory means Fraser­burgh re­main the only un­beaten side in the league and are four points be­hind lead­ers Buckie This­tle with a game in hand.

Broch man­ager Mark Cowie was pleased with his side’s dis­play.

He said: “It’s good to get games caught up and we de­served to win, get­ting an­other clean sheet.

“We lim­ited them to only a few chances and our back four did well.

“We missed a few chances in the first half and their goal­keeper made some great saves.

“It was a good dis­play and young Lo­gan Watt showed good com­po­sure when he came on.

“He didn’t look out of place and is a good tal­ent.”

Keith goal­keeper Greg Simp­son pulled off a ter­rific one-handed save to deny Greg Buchan, but was help­less mid­way through the first half when Scott Bar­bour set up Billy West to ram home from 10 yards.

Paul Camp­bell twice fired well over the bar and Buchan fired wide of the empty net as the home side tried to put the game out of sight.

Al­though Keith, win­less in their pre­vi­ous five league out­ings, were bat­tling hard, they were re­duced to 10 men for the last half-hour when Ryan Robert­son re­ceived a sec­ond yel­low card.

Within three min­utes, Broch net­ted again af­ter Simp­son pro­duced a fine div­ing save to deny Camp­bell but the lethal Bar­bour pounced to slam home the loose ball.

Simp­son was on his toes again twice to pre­vent Bar­bour from scor­ing, as Broch tried to ram home the ex­tra man ad­van­tage against the plucky vis­i­tors.

How­ever, two late penal­ties con­signed the Maroons to their fourth 4-0 de­feat of the sea­son.

The first spot-kick was awarded with five min­utes re­main­ing, Ryan Spink han­dling the ball and Camp­bell con­vert­ing with ease.

Then two min­utes into stop­page time, Bar­bour missed the tar­get but was ad­judged to have been clipped in the process and Camp­bell made no mis­take for a sec­ond time.

Al­though the goals lost means that Keith cur­rently have the worst de­fen­sive record in the league, man­ager Dean Don­ald­son was pleased with his side’s dis­play.

He said: “The boys worked hard and we played more de­fen­sively as long as we could.

“Af­ter Ryan Robert­son was sent off that turned the game round as they were get­ting frus­trated.

“The ap­pli­ca­tion from the boys was much bet­ter than the pre­vi­ous week at Lo­cos, but they tired as they gave their all. I couldn’t fault them.

“I’m not too sure about the two penal­ties though, es­pe­cially the sec­ond one.”

SPOT ON: Fraser­burgh’s Paul Camp­bell fires home from a penalty kick dur­ing the 4-0 de­feat of Keith at Bell­slea on Satur­day

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.