The Press and Journal (Inverness, Highlands, and Islands)
– Prime bullocks under 30 months (eight) averaged 215.7p and sold to 239p a kg for a 490kg Lim from Waterside of Forbes, Alford, and £1,483.90 for a 710kg Sim from Braeside, Inverurie, both to W. and J. Cameron, Burnside of Edingight, Grange. Prime heifers (29) averaged 221.1p and sold to 251p a kg for a 505kg Lim from Waterside of Forbes, to Backmuir Livestock, Keith, and £1,451.25 for a 675kg Char from Braeside to W. and J. Cameron. Young bulls (two) averaged 184.6p and sold to 187p a kg and £1,739.10 for a 930kg Lim from Tarmair, Boyndlie. Bullocks 30 to 48 months (three) averaged 185.7p and sold to 195p a kg for a 760kg Blo and £1,483.65 for a 785kg Lim from Faichfolds, King Edward. Heifers (three) averaged 198.4p and sold to 215p a kg and £1,343.75 for a 625kg Lim from Wester Leochel, Craigievar.
– Beef cows (133) averaged 150.4p (-7.6p) and sold to 205.6p a kg and £1,830 for a 890kg BB from 122 Main Street, Aberchirder. Dairy cows (three) averaged 92.5p (nc) and sold to 134.5p a kg and £955 for a 710kg Fri from Whitehaugh, Alford. Bulls (seven) averaged 132.2p (+1p) and sold to 139.6p a kg for a 910kg BB from 10 Steven Terrace, Strathy, and £1,470 for a 1,195kg A-A from Knock Farm, Huntly.
– Old season lambs (3,410) averaged 255p (+8.1p) and sold to 288.8p a kg for 40kg Tex from Lost Farm, Strathdon, and £134.50 for 58kg Cont from West Cairnhill, Culsalmond, 55kg Conts from Lower Cotburn, Turriff, 61kg Tex from Millfield, Turriff, and 58kg Tex from Netherton, Tarland. Old season SQQ up to 45.5kg (2,424) averaged 256.8p a kg (+8.5p). Leading prices per head and per kg for old season lambs: ContX – Millfield £132.50, Kinknockie 276.3p; TexX – Netherton £131.50, Lost Farm 286.9p; Chv – Mains of Drumwhindle £129.50, Culhay 273.7p; Suf – Netherton £129.50, Mossneuk 270.2p; Bel – Newton of Greeness £129.50, Hallhill 272.6p; SufX – Gibston £128.50, Kinknockie £269.5p; Down – Blackhouse £127.50, Skeibhill and Burnend 269.3p; DownX – Gillahill £127, Blackhouse 269.1p; BelX – Newton of Greeness £126.50, 272.2p; Cha – Ledmacoy and Newton of Lewesk £125.50, Newton of Greeness 275p; BF – Stoneyfield and Cowiehillock £124.50, Lost Farm 273.2p; ChvX – Gillahill £124.50, Fawside £269.5p; GF – Newton of Coldwells £123.50, Stoneyfield 270.9p.
Average prices at auction markets yesterday were (changes compare with the previous market day):
- Cattle average 219.66p (-16.49p); hoggs SQQ average 255.60p (+15.61p).
Closing prices on London Futures were:
- May £142.40 (unch); Jul £144.65 (unch); Nov £147.50 (-40p); Jan 2019 £149.50 (unch); Mar £151.60 (unch); May £153.25 (-15p); Jul £151.10 (unch); Nov £147.05 (unch); Jan 2020 £149.05 (unch); Mar £149.25 (unch).