Boro Un­der-14s wrap up ti­tle af­ter Rangers wins

The Scarborough News - - SPORTS -

Boro’s Un­der-14s grabbed two wins against Hall Road Rangers to seal the Di­vi­sion Two ti­tle.

Ath­letic sealed a 5-0 win last Tues­day evening.

Josh Mann con­verted a cor­ner with a well timed header to make it 1-0 af­ter half-time.

The score was dou­bled when Adam Changase ran through and slot­ted it un­der the keeper.

Changase then made it three with a calm fin­ish fol­low­ing a goal­mouth scramble.

Ethan Smith added a fourth to make the score even more con­vinc­ing with a lovely placed fin­ish.

Owen Lam­bert finished the scor­ing when he ran through the de­fence and slot­ted past the keeper and into the bot­tom right cor­ner, hand­ing Boro a 5-0 win.

On Sun­day, Boro com­pleted the double over Rangers, this time by a 4-1 score­line.

Boro took the lead very quickly with a smart Tom Al­lan fin­ish into the bot­tom right cor­ner.

Boro dou­bled their lead al­most straight af­ter when a Nathan Williams strike from out­side the box caught the keeper nap­ping and flew in.

The score was made three when Owen Lam­bert broke through and neatly placed the ball in the bot­tom left cor­ner.

Into the sec­ond half and bor­ough were awarded a penalty and up stepped David He­bron, with nerves of steel

he calmly slot­ted mak­ing the score 4-0 to the away side.

The last goal was scored by Ai­dan Williams, who out paced the de­fence and calmly finished.

Hall Road did get one back, but it was too lit­tle, too late. Scar­bor­ough Ath­letic

Un­der-13s played Bev­er­ley Town in their last game of the sea­son with the Hull Dis­trict Youth League ti­tle at stake.

Ath­letic had to win the game to claim top spot in the league, with Bev­er­ley need­ing just a point to se­cure the ti­tle.

Boro started the brighter and cre­ated lots of half-chances in the first 15 min­utes, but couldn’t find a way past the Bev­er­ley keeper, with the ball just fall­ing in the wrong ar­eas

in the area with Ath­letic play­ers wait­ing to fire at goal.

Af­ter 25 min­utes Boro took a de­served lead from a cor­ner bril­liantly de­liv­ered by Lewis Hunter for top-scorer Kene Knowles to pow­er­fully head into the net to make it 1-0.

Ath­letic kept at­tack­ing at ev­ery op­por­tu­nity but the half-time whis­tle ar­rived with just the one-goal lead.

The sec­ond half was a more even game and it wasn’t long be­fore Bev­er­ley lev­elled the scor­ing af­ter a bit of con­fu­sion in the Boro box from a bounc­ing ball al­lowed a Bev­er­ley for­ward to head in.

Within min­utes Ath­letic found them­selves in the Bev­er­ley box af­ter good buildup play by mid­field­ers Isaac Prince and Knowles, with Knowles find­ing Frazer Ives un­marked at the far post to calmly fin­ish to give Boro the lead again.

Ath­letic, who had Tay­lor Hide, Jack Louth and Isaac Prince on top form, were man­ag­ing the game bril­liantly, but another de­fen­sive mix-up al­lowed a Bev­er­ley for­ward to pounce once again and level at 2-2.

It was a fan­tas­tic per­for­mance by Ath­letic against a phys­i­cal Bev­er­ley side.

While the boys were dis­ap­pointed not to go on to se­cure the ti­tle, a sec­ond-place fin­ish with the point gained saw them de­servedly pro­moted to the first di­vi­sion.

Tay­lor Hide was man of the

match for a ex­cel­lent dis­play.

Spring­head Spar­tans vis­ited Scar­bor­ough Ath­letic

Un­der-15s on Sun­day with the hosts tak­ing the game to the vis­i­tors from the off.

Ted Edwards had a goal dis­al­lowed for off­side and Boro went on to miss sev­eral good chances.

The sec­ond half was much like the first, Boro on top, but on the counter-at­tack Spring­head scored the only goal of the game.

Man of the match went to the en­tire Boro team for a fan­tas­tic per­for­mance against run­ners-up in Di­vi­sion One.

This Sun­day Scar­bor­ough play bot­tom-of-the-league know­ing a win should keep them in Di­vi­sion One.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.