As folk relax on seating in front of Scarborough’s Spa building, in the middle foreground is the original bandstand.
The building of a new bandstand, marble forecourt-colonnade and Grand Hall cafe took place in 1913. The Grand Hall cafe opened to the public in time for the 1914 summer season.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection. For reprints telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN180514-112240050.