● For many centuries Crieff hosted a major cattle tryst. Its apt translation from Gaelic means Place Among the Trees. ● The original Bridge of Dochart at Killin dates from 1760 with the central arch rebuilt in 1831 after a flood. ● Thought to derive from the Brythonic word tausa, meaning silent, Loch Tay extends for 23km (14.5 miles) between Killin and Kenmore. ● The superb Scottish Crannog Centre takes visitors back some 2500 years to the Iron Age. ● The Birks of Aberfeldy consist of oak, ash and beech trees which are home to woodpecker, treecreeper, warblers, flycatchers, dipper, sparrowhawk and much more.
Taymouth Castle, Kenmore, was rebuilt in the 1800s, replacing 16th-century Balloch Castle
The dramatic Falls of Dochart at Killin