The Sunday Post (Dundee)

Forfar maintain 100 per cent start


Early on, a misplaced header put Jim Lister through but he was squeezed out.

However, on nine minutes, Forfar netted when Kevin Milne curled a rightfoote­d shot into the top corner.

Berwick nearly went further behind three minutes later when Josh Peters dithered and his shot was blocked.

Berwick’s Jordyn Sheerin fired narrowly wide before unleashing an effort from 25 yards which hit the bar.

The hosts fell two behind on 55 minutes when an innocuous cross found its way to Peters via Lee Hamilton and he prodded it into the net.

Berwick mounted a stream of attacks on the Forfar goal and, on 63 minutes, Sheerin pulled one back when he fired a firm shot past Grant Adam.

Late on, Michael McKenna saw red for a lunging tackle on David Cox, which produced a second yellow card.


COWDENBEAT­H threatened in 90 seconds when Dean Brett’s cross was met by Kris Renton and his header just cleared the bar.

At the other end, Ross Allum made a fine run in the Cowden box but, with John Dunn waiting for the cross, he hit the ball too strong and the ball ran clear.

The Blue Brazil were dangerous moving forward and Renton fired in a 20-yarder which Calum Antell held at the second attempt.

With half-an-hour played, the home side’s Fraser Mullen rattled the Edinburgh City post with a fierce 25-yard free-kick.

Three minutes later, Cowdenbeat­h took the lead when Greg Ross’s long ball was met by Renton and he headed over keeper Antell from 10 yards.

In 56 minutes, City’s Guthrie hit an 18-yarder which was held by McGurn.

With three minutes left, the hosts got the clincher. Substitute Gary Glen hit the inside of the post and Lewis Moore knocked the rebound over the line.


ELGIN’S Brian Cameron fired wide on 11 minutes, while Craig Gunn also slotted wide soon after.

Half-time sub Steven Doris saw a close-range effort blocked on 55 minutes, then Shane Sutherland hit the bar for Elgin from 18 yards.

Josh Skelly pulled a drive wide 10 minutes from time.

On 86 minutes, home keeper Cammy Mackay’s poor kick was returned by a brilliant Skelly lob from 30 yards into the net for the winner.


PETER MACDONALD came close for the Bully Wee early on but it was Annan who scored in the 38th minute when David McKenna drove home.

MacDonald levelled in the 51st minute and shots from MacDonald and Sean Higgins went close.

The hosts took the lead in 70 minutes with a Darren Ramsay strike.

MacDonald struck again in the 77th minute with a free-kick but Annan’s Rabin Omar hit the winner eight minutes from time.


STIRLING should have gone ahead in 38 minutes but keeper Jordan Millar denied Blair Henderson in a one-onone situation.

Graham Webster came close with a header at the other end.

In 59 minutes, Darren Smith, who scored two-hat-tricks against Paul Hegarty’s team last season, made no mistake from close range to open the scoring.

The visitors rarely looked like levelling and Marc McKenzie hit No 2 in stoppage time with a stunning 25-yarder.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom