The Sunday Post (Dundee)
The Broons family quiz
Can you rise to Horace’s challenge?
1. What is the nickname of the London building at 30 St Mary Axe?
2. Who wrote the Twilight series of books?
3. Which British Prime Minister said: “A week is a long time in politics”?
4. On a can of WD-40, what does the WD stand for?
5. In the human body, which vitamin helps the blood to clot?
6. Who directed the 1968 film Rosemary’s Baby?
7. The company Starbucks is reportedly named after a character in which novel?
8. What type of creature is a godwit?
9. The Piazza Navona is in which European city?
10. How many letters of the English alphabet are used as Roman numerals?
11. The Mau Mau uprising was against the British occupation of which country?
12. Which British comedian’s catchphrase was: “Just like that”?
13. Gary, Jason, Mark, Robbie and Howard were all members of which British band?
14. “Dog and bone” is Cockney rhyming slang for what?
15. Which American state is nicknamed the Lone Star State?
16. What was the first name of O.J. Simpson’s wife who was murdered in 1994?
17. What was the last James Bond film to star Sir Roger Moore?
18. What was an iron maiden used for in medieval times?
19. What is the main river that flows through Dublin?
20. Georges Claude invented which bright idea in 1911?