Bat­tle over cus­tody be­tween stars ends

The Sunday Post (Inverness) - - NEWS -

Brad Pitt and An­gelina Jolie have reached a cus­tody agree­ment, avoid­ing the need for a trial.

Jolie filed for divorce in 2016 and the for­mer Hol­ly­wood golden cou­ple had been locked in a dis­pute over their six chil­dren. They were due to at­tend a pri­vate cus­tody trial in De­cem­ber but have now come to an agree­ment, a lawyer for Jolie said. Saman­tha Bley Dejean said in a state­ment: “A cus­tody ar­range­ment was agreed two weeks ago, and has been signed by both par­ties and the judge. “The agree­ment, which is based on the rec­om­men­da­tions of the child cus­tody eval­u­a­tor, elim­i­nates the need for a trial.

“The fil­ing and de­tails of the agree­ment are con­fi­den­tial to pro­tect the best in­ter­ests of the chil­dren.”

Jolie, 43, and Pitt, 54, met on the set of Mr & Mrs Smith in 2005. They mar­ried in 2014 be­fore Jolie filed for divorce in Septem­ber 2016, cit­ing ir­rec­on­cil­able dif­fer­ences.

The cou­ple’s split has been at times ac­ri­mo­nious and in Au­gust Jolie ac­cused Pitt of miss­ing child sup­port pay­ments.

Pitt’s lawyer, Lance Spiegel, de­scribed the claims as “un­nec­es­sary” and “a thinly veiled ef­fort to ma­nip­u­late me­dia cov­er­age”.

Jolie and Pitt

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.