The Sunday Post (Inverness)

Yet another hat-trick for Linn against Loons


Forfar athletic 2 arbroath 3 Forfar – Moore (58), Baird (72); Arbroath – Linn (8, 60, 83)

League leaders Arbroath continued their unbeaten run with a fortunate 3-2 win over Forfar at Station Park.

The visitors made the breakthrou­gh when Bobby Linn latched on to a long ball before cutting in and slotting home.

The second half started slowly, but Jim Weir’s side equalised in the 58th minute, Dale Hilson setting up Lewis Moore to fire past Jamieson.

However, two minutes later, the visitors were ahead again as Linn added his second of the afternoon.

The Loons claimed a penalty on the hour as Jamie Bain was fouled inside the box, but the referee waved claims away.

The scores were level after 72 minutes as John Baird netted with a long-ranger.

Forfar’s Dylan Easton rattled the post, while sub Connor Coupe scored, but was offside.

With eight minutes remaining, Michael Travis was sent off for his second booking and, from the free-kick, Linn completed his second hat-trick against Forfar this season.

The Lichties were also reduced to 10 men as Thomas O’brien received a second booking.

Brechin 1 stenhousem­uir 2 Brechin – Sinclair (43); Stenhousem­uir – Mcguigan (pen 8), Cook (78)

The Warriors got off to the perfect start when they grabbed the opening goal from the penalty-spot after Mark Mcguigan was impeded in the box by Jordan Tapping, Mcguigan stepping up to blast past City keeper Conor Brennan. The home side levelled when Jordan Sinclair was on hand to fire the ball home after Andy Jackson’s shot was blocked.

The Warriors scored the vital winning goal with just 12 minutes remaining when sub Alan Cook slotted a Connor Duthie cross into the bottom corner.

dumbarton 1 airdrieoni­ans 1 Dumbarton – Spencer (90); Airdrieoni­ans – L Mcintosh (2)

Leighton Mcintosh gave Airdrie the lead on two minutes when he punished hesitancy from Scott Stewart’s cross. He should have converted another header on 31 minutes, but Jamie Mcgowan saved, while, at the other end, Calum Gallagher’s shot was blocked.

The hosts dominated after the restart, but it was not until the last minute of normal time that Brad Spencer headed in Ross Forbes’ corner to ensure Jim Duffy remains unbeaten at home as Sons boss.

east Fife 3 stranraer 3 East Fife – Dunsmore (21), Meggatt (25), Watson (54); Stranraer – Cummins (pen 61), Cameron (80), Mcgowan (85)

East Fife got their noses in front when Aaron Dunsmore finished neatly from theedgeoft­hebox.

Four minutes later, it was 2-0, Daryll Meggatt heading home at the back post.

Early in the second half, the home side added No. 3. Darren Young’s men knocked the ball around well on the edge of the Stranraer box and worked it wide to Mcbride. The winger clipped an inviting cross into the six-yard box and Craig Watson was free to head home.

Stranraer reduced the deficit when Adam Cummins blasted home a penalty after Innes Cameron was fouled by Ross Dunlop.

It was to be a nervy ending to the game when Cameron made it 3-2 by heading home a Chris Mcgowan cross.

Things got even worse for the hosts in the closing moments when Meggatt was shown a straight red for a last-man foul on Cameron.

From the free-kick, Mcgowan amazingly found the bottom corner of the net to salvage a point.

Montrose 3 raith rovers 2 Montrose – Rennie (10), Johnston (59), R Campbell (79); Raith – Armstrong (3), Nisbet (74)

Raith Rovers took the lead in three minutes when Daniel Armstrong fired home a cross from Nathan Flanagan.

Montrose were level in 10 minutes when Martin Rennie curled a free-kick over the wall from 28 yards.

Both teams had chances in the remainder of the first half. Liam Buchanan shot wide on the run, then Rennie had a shot blocked in a goalmouth scramble.

Two minutes into the second half, Paul Watson hit the post with a chip and Rennie was offside as he scored from the rebound.

In 59 minutes, Watson headed down a free-kick and Craig Johnston arrived at pace to knock the ball home.

Raith made it 2-2 in 74 minutes when Kevin Nisbet scored with a shot on the turn.

Montrose scored what proved to be the winner in 79 minutes. Euan Henderson showed super pace down the left and crossed for substitute Ross Campbell to score.

 ??  ?? Bobby Linn opens the scoring for Arbroath at Forfar
Bobby Linn opens the scoring for Arbroath at Forfar

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom