Tiptronic to manual: the parts list
Interested in a two to three pedal conversion of your own 997?
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Manual transmission • Transmission mounts, front and back • Flywheel and clutch (you can opt for a light RS flywheel as preferred)
• Clutch release lever and clutch bearing
• Pedal box (RHD or LHD) including clutch pedal • Clutch pedal mount • Clutch operating cylinder • Clutch master cylinder
• Hydraulic piping (RHD or LHD) • Brake fluid reservoir for manual transmission. Oliver advises the brake fluid reservoir is different between the Tip and manual to cater for the additional port for the hydraulic clutch
• Driveshaft (left and right) • Complete shifter assembly – Oliver went for the original Porsche short shift
• Shifter cables • Shifter boot and cover frame • Water coolant piping around the transmission to the engine, due to the different dimensions of the transmission and the cooling of the transmission
• Main starter wire – the difference is the mounting points on the transmission • Instrument cluster • Sway bars, which have different dimensions for the manual cars
In addition to the above, Oliver advises you will need all the little parts like bolts, nuts and holders for the hydraulic piping. They are easy to find in the diagrams of the PET.