Be­fore you go, do you need…

Wanderlust Travel Magazine (UK) - - Discover -

To pay for the rental in pounds ster­ling – will it be cheaper to pay in the lo­cal cur­rency? An In­ter­na­tional Driv­ing Per­mit? To book a 4WD ve­hi­cle? Stand­alone hire ex­cess in­sur­ance? To check hire car mileage lim­its? To read up on lo­cal rules – junc­tion pri­or­i­ties, ur­ban speed lim­its, road tolls, head­light use, sig­nalling? Doc­u­ments for cross­ing in­ter­na­tional bor­ders – proof of own­er­ship and/or a car­net? Spe­cific equip­ment in your car – snow chains, ice tyres, re­flec­tive warn­ing tri­an­gle, breathal­yser? To brush up on main­te­nance skills? To check which side of the road you’ll be driv­ing?

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.