Fox Red Labrador, Hunter (two) from Broxburn, and his owners, Ollie (seven) and Max Weir (five) are calling on pet owners to be mindful of the dangers Christmas presents pose to their family pet.
With treats in abundance over Christmas, pet emergency providers, Vets Now, sees a 788 per cent increase in chocolate poisoning cases alone over Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Ninety-four per cent of dog owners know chocolate is poisonous but despite this, more than 50 per cent admit that their dog has eaten some.
A third of pet owners will experience an emergency this festive season, and Vets Now out-of-hours clinics and hospitals will see a 33 per cent surge in calls in the run-up to Christmas as worried pet owners battle with the unsuspecting dangers of Christmas – with everything from accidental ingestion of raisins and tinsel to fairy light and candle burns. Picture credit: Stuart Nicol.