Stu­dents could get li­cence re­fund

West Lothian Courier - - Courier View -

TV Li­cens­ing is re­mind­ing cash-strapped stu­dents in West Loth­ian that they may be en­ti­tled to a £50 re­fund.

Stu­dents can claim for any full months left on their li­cence, so if they bought their li­cence last Oc­to­ber and moved out in May, they could get around £50.50 back.

To qual­ify, stu­dents need to be leav­ing their halls or rented ac­com­mo­da­tion and be mov­ing to a li­censed ad­dress.

Ap­ply­ing for the TV Li­cence re­fund is sim­ple and can be done on­line or over the phone. Stu­dents need to have their TV Li­cence de­tails to hand and ev­i­dence to show their li­cence is no longer needed, such as a copy of the end of their te­nancy agree­ment. Fer­gus Reid, spokesper­son for TV Li­cens­ing in Scot­land, said: “We’re en­cour­ag­ing all el­i­gi­ble stu­dents to take up the re­fund, which is quick and easy to ap­ply for. It’s im­por­tant stu­dents buy a TV Li­cence when start­ing univer­sity to take ad­van­tage of the flex­i­ble pay­ment op­tions and avoid a fine of up to £ 1000.” To ar­range a re­fund or change ad­dress, visit www.tvli­cens­ stu­dentinfo.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.