Sussex country walks
Discovering Sussex (Inquiries 01903 813381/01903-246339)
• Sunday February 17, 10am: Meet at Harting down National Trust car park (charge for non-members) (SU 780181). Didling and
Back. A familiar starting point but a walk this time that ventures off the Downs to t he villages of Didling and Treyford. Eight miles, gets a bit hilly. Dogs welcome.
Please bring a snack. Leader Terry, PerRambulations.
Ramblers’ Association Mid-Sussex Group (Inquiries 01273 833556)
• Saturday February 16, 10am: Meet at Ditchling village hall car park, BN6 8TA
(TQ 326152). Ditchling to Streat. Walk via Ditchling, Hop Garden Shaw, Hayleigh Far, Streat, Middleton Manor, Westmeston, Wellcroft Shaw, Ditchling. A leisurely 4½ mile circular walk. Leader Jill, 01273 480167 or 07938 833868 on the day.
• Tuesday February 19, 10am: After turning off the A285 onto the country lane, the car park is about 2¾ miles along (before Goodwood Country Park, PO18 0QE, SU 897115). Glorious Goodwood. Walk via the car park, Charlton Park, Charlton, Levin Down, Burnt Oak Gate, SDW, East Dean Wood, East Dean, car park. A moderate 10 mile walk. Please bring a picnic. Leader
Ray, 01403 783797 or 07981 764766 on the day.
• Tuesday February 19, 10am: Meet at Upper Lodges car park, BN1 9QB (TQ 324099). Stanmer and the Downs. Walk via The
Downs from Upper Lodges Stanmer Park. A moderate 6 mile walk. Leader Erica, 07885 595131 on the day.
Ramblers’ Association Arun-Adur Group (Inquiries 01903 695865)
• Sunday February 17, 10.30am: Meet at Chichester Harbour car park West Itchenor, PO20 7AH (charges apply) (map 120, SU 798012). Walk via West Wittering, East Head, West Itchenor. A leisurely 8½ mile circular walk. Dogs welcome. Leader Erica, 07472 801194.
Ashington Ramblers (Inquiries 01903 891493)
• Meet at 10am Red Lion, Ashington on the second Monday of every month. For further information please ring the inquiry number above.
Worthing Walking and Social Club (formerly Worthing HF Walking Group) (For further information contact walk leader as given.)
• Wednesday February 13, 10.30am:
Meet at Ferring Green to walk down Sea
Lane, Ferring along the coast to Splash
Point, Worthing. The 700 bus leaves
Marine Parade, Worthing seafront at 10.05am. A five mile walk. Please bring a snack. Sussex Pathfinders Rambling Club (Inquiries 07842 792962/www. sussex-pathfinders.co.uk/walks. html)
• Saturday February 16, 10.30am: Meet at Widewater car park (charge £1.50 per day), (OL11, TQ 204043). Shoreham Beach and Widewater Lagoon. Walk via Widewater Lagoon, Beach Boardwalk, Shoreham
Fort, return via the riverside. A level six mile walk. Refreshments available en route. Some walkers may like to go for a winter paddle!
• Sunday February 17, 10am: Meet at Stanmer Park car park, Brighton, on the left of the park entrance. (OL11, TQ 342086). Walk via Falmer Pond, Newmarket Plantation, Ashcombe Farm, Balmer Down, Black Cap, Plumpton (L), Streathill Farm, Millbank Wood, Stanmer Village (café/wc). A 12 mile Downland walk with seven miles before lunch.
Horsham Health and Leisure Walks (Inquiries 07720 714306/www.horsham. gov.uk/leisurepages/Leisure/sports/ walking)
• Wednesday February 13, 10am: Meet in the car park of the Holmbury St Mary Village Hall (at the end of Felday Glade in Holmbury St Mary off the B2126 Horsham Road, the road runs beside the Royal Oak public house)
RH5 6PG (TQ 107441). Hilly 5½ miles. One stile. Dogs welcome. 2¾ hours. Mike 07855 502023.
• Saturday February 16, 2pm: Meet in Storrington Recreation Ground car park, Storrington, RH20 4BG. Four miles, visiting Sullington Church, a pretty country church which pre-dates the Domesday Book.
Some stiles. Can be muddy. Dogs welcome. Refreshments provided. 1¾ hours. Mick 01903 745971.
• Sunday February 17, 10am: Meet at Kithurst Hill car park (TQ 070124). 4½ miles into the very heart of the South Downs. Includes a long gentle incline. The car park is off the Storrington to Amberley Road (B2139). After taking the turning, drive to the very top of the hill. Dogs welcome. 1¾ hours. Mick 01903 745971.
• Tuesday February 19, 11am: Meet at
Steyning Health Centre, Tanyard Lane,
BN44 3RJ (TQ 176113). A two mile health walk, some inclines. One stile. Can be muddy across fields, please wear sensible footwear. 1¼ hours. Ann 01903 297553/Jacky 01903 815543.
• Wednesday February 20, 10.30am: Meet at Storrington Recreation Ground car park, RH20 4BG. A 2½ mile health walk for those who want an easy walk with pleasant views. Suitable for children’s buggies. Dogs welcome. No stiles or hills. Refreshments provided. 1½ hours. Mick 01903 745971.