Human waste hit patient’s feet
HUMAN excrement from a faulty toilet that fell through a ceiling and on to a patient at Cheltenham General Hospital only hit her feet, a spokesman has said.
The Western Daily Press reported yesterday that the woman had been hit by human excrement as it fell on to her ward from above.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has since sought to clarify that the waste matter hit her uncovered feet only. They said they had nothing to add to the statement issued by the Trust.
The statement said: “A fault in part of a pipe above a ward at Cheltenham General Hospital resulted in a patient coming into contact with waste from that pipe.
“All patients in that area were immediately relocated, the section of pipe and ceiling tiles replaced and the area cleaned and made safe.
“Whilst we recognise that this was a deeply unpleasant experience, we have reassured our patient that any clinical risk as a result of this accident is minimal and we have apologised to those affected.”