THEY SAID WHAT?
“Catsuit anyone? For all the moms out there who had a tough recovery from pregnancy- here you go. If I can do it, so can you. Love you all!!”
- Tennis star Serena Williams sends out a reassuring message on her triumph in the French Open after her difficult childbirth.
“It’s been a five-year labour of love” - Comedian Peter Kay on his BBC TV show Car Share.
“Elton John is not only a worldrenowned singer but also a great intellectual”
- Armenian president Armen Sarkissian.
“The Green Party has taken a significant step forward with just a fraction of the resources of the bigger parties. We are now established as one of the four major English parties – and an electoral force right across the nation”
- MP Caroline Lucas, who is stepping down as co-leader of
the Greens. “All right, interview terminated because you won’t answer the question. It would be helpful if you answered a straight question with a straight answer”
- TV’s Richard Madeley abruptly ending an interview with Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson who would not say whether he regretted telling Russia to “shut up and go away”.
“I don’t like facial hair, and I don’t like kissing facial hair, as you can’t find the lips”
- Actress Goldie Hawn.
“Brexit is an immensely damaging process, harmful to both sides. Divorce will be a long process, probably taking more than five years. Five years is an eternity in politics, especially in revolutionary times like the present”
- Billionaire and anti-Brexiteer