THEY SAID WHAT?
“It’s hypocritical when he condemns zero-hours contracts whilst his churches are advertising zero-hours jobs”
– Conservative MP Ben Bradley criticises Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby over his speech to the TUC.
“There is a panic in the air - and time is fast running out. Many Britons, irrespective of whether they voted Leave or Remain on 23 June 2016, are beginning to wonder how this journey will end”
– Businesswoman Gina Miller launching a campaign to “end the
chaos” of Brexit.
“Being able to work a cooker is one of these life skills I missed out on when I was younger”
– Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s First Minister, below. “Russia is a peace-loving nation. We do not have and cannot have any plans of aggression”
– President Vladimir Putin.
“The lies and blatant fabrications in this interview given to a Russianstate sponsored TV station are an insult to the public’s intelligence. More importantly, they are deeply offensive to the victims and loved ones of this horrific attack. Sadly, it is what we have come to expect”
– A Downing Street spokesman on the interview given by the two
“Are you all a bit like rabbits in the headlights? You’re going to need each other, that’s for sure. It’s going to be blood sweat and tears”
– Prince Harry, addressing Royal
“He’s got something wrong in his head; what’s their excuse?”
– Actress Rose McGowan on film mogul Harvey Weinstein and the “disgusting people” who still worked with him.