The vet induced my dog to vomit – is that normal?
While you would presume we spend the majority of our time trying to stop animals from vomiting, you may be surprised to hear that we often need to make them throw up.
Whether they’ve scoffed a sock, or decided to pillage the pantry, sometimes we need to get those stomach contents out before they travel further in the gut and start wreaking havoc. Equally, some silly pups will ingest thoroughly toxic substances such as rat poison or anti-freeze. However, certain things can be dangerous to bring back up. If a dog has eaten bleach, vomiting will not be induced as it could lead to causing caustic burns and aspiration pneumonia. Your pet will usually receive an injection of something called apomorphine, which will have them vomiting in mere minutes. Sadly, lessons are not always learnt and we quite frequently see repeat offenders in the clinic!
‘We often make Them Throw up’
Your dog can be made to be sick if it’s swallowed something it shouldn’t