Guacamole – but not as you know it. A creamy way to get your five a day that will provide much-needed pep. Come on, those crudités won’t dip themselves.
400g broccoli • 150g sugar snap peas • 8 green olives, pitted • 2 small avocados • 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes • 1 red chilli, deseeded • juice of 1 lemon • pinch of sea salt • glug of olive oil (optional)
1. Roughly chop the broccoli and pulse it gently in a food processor until it’s reduced to chunks (for more texture, thinly slice the broccoli instead), then set aside.
2. Repeat the process with the sugar snap peas. Pulse them for a few seconds to avoid over-chopping, or slice into strips using a knife.
3. Add the olives, avocados and tomatoes to the food processor. Blitz until the mixture is thick and smooth, then mix into the veg.
4. Slice the red chilli, removing any rogue seeds (those things are potent) and add to the mix.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice over the vegetables and sprinkle with sea salt. Taste the dressing and then drizzle with a bit of olive oil to thin out the mixture if necessary. Holy moly, that’s good.