Asian mushroom and Spring Onion
A combo of gut-friendly white miso, immunity-boosting mushrooms and magnesium-rich sprouted amaranth makes this a nutritional force to be reckoned with
4 tbsp coconut oil
• 1kg mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp white miso paste
• 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
• 250ml vegetable stock
• 100ml tamari
• 150g Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
• bunch of spring onions, sliced
• bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped For the crumble: 100g sprouted amaranth flakes
• 120g gluten-free oats
• 100g sesame seeds, toasted
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
• 3 tbsp white miso paste
• 6 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 10 mins, then add the miso paste, nutritional yeast, stock and tamari. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins.
2. Stir through the Brazil nuts, spring onions and parsley. Leave the base to reduce while you make the crumble.
3. No funny business, just lob all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until the mixture is – we hate to insult your intelligence – crumbly.
4. Transfer the mushroom mixture to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble over the top. Cook in the oven for 30 mins until it’s crunchy and molten and delicious.