MINI FISH PIES
cals 328 fat 18g protein 29g carbs 10g serves 4
Tin of coconut milk • 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil • juice and zest of 1 lemon • 2 bay leaves • 300g cod fillets (approx 2 small fillets) • 300g undyed smoked haddock • splash of white wine (optional) • salt and pepper • 1 large celeriac, peeled and chopped into chunks • 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked • 1½ tbsp unflavoured coconut butter • 150g prawns • 3 spring onions
(green parts only), sliced • small handful of chives, chopped • 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Put the coconut milk, garlic oil, lemon juice and zest, and bay leaves into a large saucepan. Add the cod and haddock and bring to a gentle simmer. Poach the fish for about 10 mins until the flesh flakes as easily as your mate did on dinner last night (#notbitter).
2. Remove the fish and set aside. Add the wine (if using) to the poaching liquid, season to taste and leave to simmer on a low heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put the celeriac into a pan of boiling water with the thyme leaves and boil until tender. Drain, season and mash with the coconut butter.
4. Next, flake the fish and divide between 4 ovenproof dishes (or one big dish if you want to lighten the load for the washer-upper).
Add the prawns, spring onions and chives to each pot and pour over a quarter of the poaching liquid – it should have thickened a bit by now.
5. Top with the mash and bake in the oven for 40-50 mins, or until the pies are golden on top. Finally, sprinkle with the parsley. Who ate all the pies? You did.