Meal plan: week one
BREAKFAST: Peanut butter and strawberry overnight oats (recipe on Monday, week two) LUNCH: Pack of Merchant Gourmet Wholewheat Giant Couscous with roasted pepper, red onion and courgette, 30g feta and 2 handfuls of rocket DINNER: Courgette, feta and mint frittata SNACK: 2 boiled eggs
Courgette frittata INGREDIENTS
2 medium courgettes, grated • handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped • 1 small onion, finely chopped • salt and pepper • glug of olive oil • 8 eggs • pinch of cayenne pepper • 60g feta • 1 red chilli pepper, sliced, to serve • mixed green leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the grill, then chuck the courgette, mint and onion in a bowl, season and stir.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the courgette and onion mixture. Fry for 5 mins until soft.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the cayenne pepper, then crumble in the feta. Add to the frying pan and cook for 4-5 mins until the egg begins to set on the base. Put the pan under the grill and heat the frittata until golden.
4. Place a plate upside down over the pan, then flip it over so the frittata falls on to the plate. Serve with sliced chillis, mixed green leaves and a side of smugness.
* Each dinner serves two, so you can have half in the evening and save the rest for lunch the next day. Carving out a few hours to batch-cook on a Sunday will make for plenty of weekday evening downtime