BREAKFAST: 2 poached eggs on a slice of wholegrain toast
LUNCH: Beetroot, feta and chickpea salad DINNER: Chicken and vegetable soup SNACK: 2 tbsp beetroot and white bean dip with cucumber sticks
Chicken and vegetable soup
INGREDIENTS 1 tbsp olive oil • 3 large onions, chopped • 8 garlic cloves, chopped • 40g fresh ginger, chopped • 8 chicken breasts
• 6 large carrots, chopped • 2ltr chicken
stock • 3 large courgettes, chopped
• 1 large green or white cabbage, shredded • crusty wholegrain bread, to serve (optional)
1. This one makes six to eight portions – so clear room in your fridge. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
2. Add the chicken breasts and carrots to the pan and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Fish out that chicken and add the courgette and cabbage. Simmer for 10 mins.
4. Meanwhile, shred the chicken into large pieces using a knife and fork, then return it to the pan, before ladling up.