YOURS (UK) - - Good To Know -

When high street re­tailer House of Fraser went into ad­min­is­tra­tion, cus­tomers with un­spent gift cards were told they’d get a re­place­ment, but some are still wait­ing.

Gift cards are pop­u­lar as presents and they’re also given out by re­tail­ers in­stead of re­funds, but they can be risky be­cause you have few rights if the shop goes bust and you don’t have any right in law to get a re­fund or re­place­ment card.

If you’ve paid for a gift card of more than £100 by credit card, you can claim against the card provider un­der Sec­tion 75, which means the credit card com­pany is jointly li­able with the re­tailer if there’s been a breach of con­tract. Oth­er­wise, you’ll have to sub­mit a claim for the money on the card to the shop’s ad­min­is­tra­tors.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.