Republican Scientific and Practical Center Cardiology Minsk
The allocation of specialized cardiac care to an independent service began in the late 60s.
The head office of the cardiological service of the republic since August 1977 has become the Belarusian Scientific Research Institute of Cardiology. At the time of the establishment of the Institute, 13 cardiorheumatological departments, 60 cardiac emergency medical teams, 256 cardiorheumatologists (in hospitals and polyclinics) operated in Belarus.
Since the beginning of the 1980s, specialized cardiology departments of hospitals, cardiology rooms in
A significant step in improving specialized cardiological care for the population of the Republic is the creation of the Republican Scientific and Practical Center "Cardiology" on the basis of BelNII Cardiology and the 4th Clinical Hospital in Minsk. The center has been functioning since January 1, 2001, its capacity is 172 beds, of which 75 are beds for cardiac units, 75 beds for cardiosurgery departments, 22 beds for anesthesiology and intensive care units.
Structure of the center
• 1 cardiology unit
• 2 cardiology department
• 3 cardiology department
• 1 cardiosurgery department
• 2 cardiosurgery department
• 3 cardiosurgery department
• Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care No. 1
• Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care No. 2
• Department of ultrasound diagnostics
• Functional diagnostics department
• X-ray surgery
• Admissions office
• Consultative-polyclinic department
• Clinical and diagnostic laboratory
• The room for transfusions
• Extracorporeal circulation
• Physiotherapy room
• Day care
• X-ray department>
• Laboratory of arterial hypertension
• Laboratory of Medical Information Technologies
• Laboratory of heart rhythm disturbance
• Laboratory of emergency and interventional cardiology
• Laboratory of Cardiological Rehabilitation
• Laboratory of Heart Surgery
• Laboratory of Vascular Surgery
• Laboratory of Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease
• Laboratory of Chronic Heart Failure
Cardiology department №1
The 25-bed ward was established in 2005 and was initially formed and equipped as a specialized unit to provide emergency care for patients with life-threatening diseases such as acute myocardial infarction and unstable angina.
During the setting time, the department treats and diagnoses any cardiac pathology using high-tech equipment.
Highly qualified specialists work in the department, among them medical doctors, doctors of the highest and first qualification categories.
Main areas of work:
• provision of high-tech emergency care for patients with myocardial infarction and unstable angina, cardiomyopathies and other nosology;
• Carrying out an emergency restoration of blood flow
in the coronary arteries: angioplasty and stenting, if necessary, immediate preparation for emergency cardiosurgical interventions;
• drug treatment and rehabilitation of patients with various cardiac pathologies using new therapeutic approaches and modern drugs;
• use of highly specialized equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
Particular emphasis is placed on helping the sick of working age.
The department is equipped with all necessary equipment to provide highly qualified medical assistance in accordance with its profile.
All patients are accommodated in wards designed for a small number of patients and meet all modern requirements:
• medical technology - the ability to monitor ECG and blood pressure, supply oxygen;
• comfort - separate shower and toilet in each room, local lighting, emergency communication with a medical post, the ability to listen to the radio through headphones.
• There are single rooms of high comfort, additionally having refrigerators and televisions.
On the territory of the department there is a physical rehabilitation room for training.
Treatment of patients with myocardial infarctions and unstable angina:
• Bedside monitors ECG, AD
• Temporary pacemaker.
Cardiology department №2
The 30 beds division was founded in 2006 on the basis of the department of acute coronary pathology and interventional cardiology. The department employs highly qualified specialists, among whom are candidates of medical sciences, doctors of the first and highest qualification category
Main areas of work:
• conducting an additional specialized cardiological examination of patients from the Republic of Belarus with ischemic heart disease, acquired heart defects, dilated cardiomyopathy before presumed surgical treatment
• drug preoperative preparation of decompensated patients;
• preparation of patients for balloon angioplasty and stenting of coronary, renal, brachiocephalic arteries;
• Diagnosis and treatment of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy from the Republic of Bashkortostan;
• Preparation (diagnostic and medication) and carrying out activities to restore the heart rhythm to patients from the city of Minsk and the Republic of Bashkortostan;
• Diagnosis and treatment of patients with idiopathic pulmonary hypertension;
• training of doctors of the republic, interns, clinical residents, doctors in the workplace.
• examination and treatment of patients with pulmonary hypertension who are scheduled for lung and / or heart-lung transplantation.
Tasks of the department:
• Diagnostic and medicamental preparation of patients with ischemic heart disease, CRDS, UPU for surgical and / or interventional treatment;
• examination and treatment of diagnostically complex patients with cardiological profile from the Republic of Belarus.
• management of patients from various research topics. Cardiology department №3
The third cardiology department was organized in RSCP "Cardiology" in March 2006 and specializes in providing medical care to patients with severe heart failure (CH). Heart failure can be the main manifestation of almost all heart diseases, including coronary artery atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, acquired heart valve defects, congenital heart diseases, arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.
Pharmacological methods for the treatment of heart failure are indisputably the most important, but the drugs currently available have a very indirect and unstable effect in patients at the terminal stage of the disease. The annual survival rate of such patients is not more than 50%. In close cooperation with the clinic of cardiac surgery under the leadership of Academician Ostrovsky Yuri Petrovich and specialists of the laboratory of chronic heart failure, an individualized concept of therapy is being developed for each patient. To create an individual treatment program, a comprehensive clinical examination of the patient, which is conducted on the basis of the department, is an essential stage.
At the moment, our Center has an almost complete arsenal of methods for treating chronic heart failure. According to the applied technologies of treatment, we are at the level of European countries. In February 2009, the Center carried out the first heart transplant in Belarus. In 2012, heart and kidney transplants were performed for the first time. In February 2013, for the first time in the republic, specialists of the Center performed a heart transplant operation for a child.
RSCP "Cardiology" has a fairly large and, at the same time, the only experience in Belarus in the use of such methods of treatment of heart failure, such as intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, use of the artificial heart ventricle of the system "Berlin Heart", "Incor". Using artificial heart ventricles is actually the only way for a patient to survive without a heart transplant. The artificial ventricle can
work for 7-10 years. During this time there is a chance to find the optimal donor organ.
One of the methods of treatment of heart failure is resynchronizing therapy - a technique that allows to strengthen the pumping function of the heart, thereby reducing the manifestations of heart failure. Unfortunately, this method is not a panacea and is not suitable for all patients with heart failure.
Of the latest achievements of the RSCP "Cardiology" are the operations to "introduce" stem cells into the affected area of the heart to patients with heart failure, conducted in the department in 2015.
Complex examination and treatment of patients with heart failure is carried out by highly qualified personnel of the department. The department employs three candidates of medical sciences, three doctors of the highest attestation category, a doctor awarded the title of "Excellent worker in Public Health", five nurses of the highest attestation category.
Cardiosurgical department №1
In the department is surgical care for patients with IHD, pathology of the aorta and its branches (brachiocephalic arteries, renal, visceral, arteries of the extremities); acquired heart defects; congenital heart defects, vascular anomalies; pathology of the main veins.
Every year, 900-1000 operations on the heart and vessels are performed, 400-500 of them on the open heart, and about 100 endovascular procedures. With IHD, about 30-40% of aortocoronary bypass surgery is performed on a working heart.
The department is the clinical base of the laboratory of vascular surgery, in which there are 2 professors and 3 candidates of medical sciences.
Along with traditional operational benefits, the following high-tech interventions have been introduced in recent years:
• Minimally invasive interventions on the valvular heart apparatus (correction of mitral and tricuspid malformations from minitaratocotomy with video support, correction of aortic malformation from the ministry)
• Direct myocardial revascularization from limited left-sided thoracotomy on the operating heart or using ancillary circulation
• Epicardial radiofrequency ablation in atrial fibrillation from mini-invasive access (mini-carotomy with video support)
• Minimally invasive correction of the defect of the atrial septum from minorathocotomy in the secondary circulation
• Single-step operations on heart valves with mono- and bipolar radiofrequency ablation with concomitant atrial fibrillation
• Operations with thoracoabdominal aneurysms and aneurysms of the abdominal aorta involving the visceral branches using various methods of protecting the internal organs and the spinal cord
• Hybrid interventions in the pathology of the arch and the descending thoracic aorta (switching branches of the aortic arch with subsequent endoprosthetics)
• Hybrid correction of blood flow in the femoral - popliteal - tibial segment together with X-ray endovascular surgeons
• Endoprosthetics of the infrarenal abdominal aorta, transcatheter implantation of the biological valve in aortic heart disease
• Plasticity of the renal arteries, incl. extracorporeal
• Operations of endovasal laser and radiofrequency coagulation of veins under ultrasound control, miniflebectomy according to Varadi
• Endoscopic venous sampling for aortocoronary bypass surgery
The staff of the department also carries out high-tech operations and provides advice in other medical institutions of the Republic of Belarus.
Cardiosurgical department №2
The department for 25 beds, provides specialized scheduled and emergency surgical and medical care for patients with acquired and congenital heart defects and ischemic heart disease.
Spectrum of surgical interventions:
• Prosthesis of heart valves from standard and minimally invasive approaches using various types of mechanical, biological artificial heart valves, including frameless biological prostheses;
• Plastic and reconstructive interventions on the valvular heart apparatus, planned and emergency aorto-coronary bypass in conditions of artificial circulation and on the working heart, using venous and arterial grafts from standard and minimally invasive approaches, with the use of transmiocadial laser revascularization;
• surgical treatment of postinfarction left ventricular aneurysms and interventricular septum with myocardial infarction;
• surgical treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms, including acute and chronic exfoliating aneurysms involving the ascending and aortic arch;
• simultaneous surgical treatment of competing heart diseases and surgical diseases of other localizations of malignant tumors of different localization (lung, gastrointestinal tract, kidney and other organs tumors);
• surgical treatment of heart tumors, malignant tumors of other localizations with germination into the chambers of the heart, main vessels requiring the use of artificial
• surgical treatment of acute pulmonary embolism, as well as chronic postembolic pulmonary hypertension;
• surgical treatment of dilated and ischemic cardiomyopathy with the use of the ventricular heart support device, various methods of left ventricular remodeling, the use of cardioresynchronizing devices;
• surgical treatment for exudative, constrictive pericarditis, including minimally invasive interventions with the use of videotorascopic techniques;
• surgical treatment of congenital heart disease in adults;
• use of ancillary circulation system-intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation, mechanical bypass of one or both ventricles, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation;
• Surgical treatment of concomitant tachycardias and bradyarrhythmias of the heart-MAZE procedure, implantation of temporary and permanent pacemakers)
The employees of the department provide consultative and therapeutic assistance to other medical and preventive institutions of the Republic of Belarus, are actively engaged in scientific development, participate in domestic and international congresses and conferences.
In recent years, the department has introduced a number of advanced domestic and global technologies:
• treatment of dilated and ischemic cardiomyopathies.
• Simultaneous treatment of oncological and cardiosurgical pathologies.
• implantation of stentgrafts with exfoliating aortic aneurysms.
• tests of domestic and foreign devices and implants (mechanical and biological valve prostheses, ventricular device supporting the heart) are developed and conducted. The consultant of the department is Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor, laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Belarus, chief freelance specialist of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus for cardiosurgery Yuri Petrovich Ostrovsky.
Cardiosurgical department №3
The department of the 3rd cardiosurgery was organized in November 1988. Cardiosurgical department No.3 performs the full range of cardiosurgical operations performed at the RSCP "Cardiology".
Surgical treatment of coronary heart disease (CHD), acquired and congenital heart diseases, operations for surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias: cardiac pacemaker implantation (ECS), radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for tachyarrhythmias, heart transplantation are carried out.
Also in the department there are a number of high-tech operations: minimally invasive and hybrid myocardial revascularization with stable angina, implantation of resynchronizing devices in heart failure resistant to drug therapy. Minimally invasive operations are performed to correct valve pathology.
Consultation Address: 220007, Minsk, ul. Fabriciusa, 13, cab. 306. Tel. registries: (+375 17) 222-16-29
Address: 220007, Minsk, ul. R.Lьksemburg, 110B.
Tel. Registration: (+375 17) 208-59-28
ON ISSUES OF DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT FOREIGN CITIZENS REQUEST
Phone: (+375) 333 50 98 44.
Skype: cardio-minsk (free calls).
Mrochek Alexander Gennadievich
Chief Cardiologist of the Ministry of Health of Belarus, doctor of medical sciences, professor, academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.