Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest 3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (5- to 51/2-pound) whole leg
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt 1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Stir together honey, rosemary, mustard, lemon zest, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Put lamb on a rack set in a foil-lined roasting pan. Spread honey mixture over lamb, then sprinkle with salt. [This can be covered and chilled overnight after spreading the mixture. Wait to sprinkle with salt until just before it goes in the oven, though. Double these ingredients to make a great dipping sauce to serve with the lamb.]
4. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers
135°F, about 2 hours. Cover with foil if necessary to prevent burning. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving. 2 pounds thin asparagus
spears, bottoms trimmed
1/3 cup corn oil
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 10x15inch rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Spread asparagus on foil. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss again, then arrange asparagus in a single layer. 3. Roast until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice (if using) just before serving.