1½ pounds fresh peaches
(about 4 peaches), pitted and sliced ¼ inch thick
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar 1 (3- to 3.4-ounce) package cook-and-serve, non-instant
vanilla pudding mix (Don’t use instant; you won’t love the result.) ¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt
½ cup plus 3 tablespoons milk 3 tablespoons butter, softened 1 egg
1 (8-ounce) package cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a deep 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Toss together peaches and ¼ cup sugar in a bowl.
3. Stir together pudding mix, flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add ½ cup milk, the butter, and egg; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate. Toss together peaches and sugar once more, then spoon evenly on top.
4. Beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons milk; beat 2 minutes more. Spoon mixture over pie and gently spread to within 1 inch of edge. Mix together cinnamon and remaining tablespoon sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over pie.
5. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Chill, covered, at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
“I baked the crust 10 minutes before putting the peaches and
stuff on top. I also swirled the cinnamon and sugar into the cream cheese topping to make it extra pretty.”
– JKIM53 “I am always asked for the recipe when I take this anywhere. Plus, I won five blue ribbons and Best Pie of Show with this. It’s a
– DEBBI BORSICK
928 REVIEWShands-on 30 min total 6 hr serves 8 submitted by: debbi borsick PER SLICE: 353 CAL; 15.7g FAT (9.1g SAT);5.2g PRO; 50g CARB; 1.7g FIBER; 413mg SODIUM; 37g SUGARS