Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Stew
HANDS-ON 10 MIN TOTAL 1 HR, 20 MIN SERVES 9 SUBMITTED BY CHRIS BOOK
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
6 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp. butter
1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. black pepper ¾ tsp. salt
1 (16-oz.) pkg. wide egg noodles
Water (as needed)
1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 (10.5-oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1. Put chicken and 2 cups broth in an electric multicooker. Close and lock lid. Select High Pressure and set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
2. Release pressure naturally, about 10 minutes. Carefully release remaining pressure using the quick-release method. Remove lid, then remove chicken and shred. Pour cooking liquid into a bowl and reserve.
3. Select Sauté function on multicooker. Add butter. When butter is melted, add onion; sauté
2 to 3 minutes. Add shredded chicken, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining broth. Stir in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
Put egg noodles on top and press down to submerge. If necessary, add more water to just cover noodles.
4. Close and lock lid. Select
High Pressure and set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
5. Release pressure naturally, about 5 minutes. Carefully release remaining pressure using the quick-release method. Remove lid, then stir in frozen vegetables, soup, and sour cream. Replace lid and let stand 5 minutes for vegetables to warm through. armagazine.com/instant-potchicken-noodle-stew
PER 1¾-CUP SERVING: 473 CAL; 16G FAT
(6G SAT); 31G PRO; 50G CARB (5G FIBER, 4G SUGARS); 945MG SODIUM