American Farmhouse Style
LITTLE BASKETS OF JOY
How to make easy paper May Day Baskets
Learn how to make easy paper May Day baskets.
Want to join in on some May Day fun? The good news is you most likely have all these supplies on hand. The great news is this easy project can be completed in 10 minutes and is sure to bring a smile to someone’s face.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Flowers: real or faux. The flowers shown here are from a neighbor’s garden. • ¼ inch ribbon
• Hole punch
• Craft/scrapbooking paper in colorful patterns (paper shown here from Hobby Lobby)
• Clear tape
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. First cut your paper from corner to corner into 2 triangles.
2. Once the paper is cut into triangles, start rolling each piece into a cone shape. Use the tape to secure the back of the cone.
3. Use the hole punch to create holes near the top of the cone to thread the ribbon through. Leave the ribbon long enough to allow for tying it or hanging it on the knob of a door. 4. Fill your cones with flowers (or any fun little treats you think will make someone smile), and deliver them to your neighbors and friends.
5. Inserting a sweet May Day note would be a charming addition. Adding May Day baskets around your home is a simple way to add touches of spring to your décor too. Kelly Radcliff is a wife, mom, stepmom and the blogger behind TheTatteredPew. com. She and her family live in Colorado, where she is a kindergarten teacher by day and a DIY/lifestyle blogger by night. She loves quick and easy projects that anybody can do. Faith, family and flea markets are also at the top of her list! To see more of her creativity, visit her on Instagram @thetatteredpew.