American Farmhouse Style
HOW TO REFILL OLD CANDLE JARS
Want new candles in your old jars? Here’s how to do it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Candle jar, cleaned of old wax
• Candle wick [note: if your candle had multiple wicks, use multiple wicks again]
• Hot glue gun and glue
• Chopsticks or popsicle stick and chip clip
• Soy wax flakes
• Old sauce pan or melting pot
• Cooking thermometer
• Essential oils or fragrance of your choice
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Glue the bottom of the wick to the inside bottom of the jar. Center the wick as best you can.
2. Use the chopsticks or chip clip to hold the end of the wick upright so the wick stays steady and straight when you pour in the wax.
3. In an old sauce pan or melting pot, melt enough wax flakes for the liquid to fill your candle jar (about 4 ounces in weight for every 6 ounces of jar volume).
4. When the wax reaches 185˚F, turn off the heat and mix in your fragrance (about 1 ounce of essential oil for every 8 ounces of candle).
5. When the wax cools to 135˚F, carefully pour it into the jar.
6. Let the wax cool overnight. In the morning, trim the wick to ¼” long, then burn and enjoy.