Finished Size Ornament Size: 61/8" x 61/8" Materials
Materials listed make 1 ornament.
• Fabric glue*
• 5" x 10" rectangle black wool or
• 4" square gray wool or acrylic felt
• 3" x 4" rectangle red wool or acrylic
• Red embroidery floss
• Red and gray No. 12 pearl cotton
• 1( 3/4") snowflake button
• 10" fine gold cord
• 4" square double-sided fusible
• Template material
• Basic sewing tools and supplies
Prepare templates for the bell, bow and ornament base shapes using patterns given in insert. Cut as directed on patterns.
Completing the Ornament
1. Center and fuse the stabilizer square onto the wrong side of one black felt ornament base, referring to manufacturer's instructions.
2. Apply tiny dots of fabric glue to the wrong side of the bell.
3. Place the glue side of the bell on the right side of the unstabilized black felt ornament base referring to placement lines on the pattern for positioning
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the bow piece.
5. Using pearl cotton to match the bell and bow, stitch a narrow blanket stitch (see page 125) around each glued shape.
6. Using 2 strands of red embroidery floss and a stem stitch (see page 125), stitch along the loop lines of the bow and fill in the inner loop areas with stitches.
7. Make a hanging loop with the gold cord; tie and knot the ends together.
8. Remove the paper from the stabilizer on the backing square.
9. Place the knotted end of the cord loop at the top corner on the stabilized side of the backing square as shown in Figure 1; place a dot of glue on the knotted end.
10. Matching edges, place the stabilizer side of the backing square together with the back side of the appliquéd front.
11. Using red pearl cotton, stitch a narrow blanket stitch all around outer edges.
12. Center the snowflake on the bow and glue in place to finish. •
Season’s Song Placement Diagram 61/ x 61/ 8" 8"