Getting Ready for Christmas Tea Towel Set
Finished Size Towel Size: Size varies with purchased towel
Materials listed make 2 tea towels.
• Scraps dark red, medium gray and
light gray, gold and white tonals
• 1 fat eighth light red tonal
• 1 fat eighth green tonal
• 1 each burgundy and black check
• 1/2 yard ( 3/8"- wide) dark red
• 11/2 yards black mini ball fringe trim
• Scrap lightweight fusible
• 1/2 yard 17"-wide fusible web
• No-fray solution
• 5( 7/ 16"- diameter) dark red buttons
• Template material (optional)
• Basic sewing tools and supplies
Apply lightweight fusible interfacing to the wrong side of the white tonal scrap. Cut and prepare pieces for fusible appliqué as directed on each pattern given in the insert and referring to Raw-edge Fusible Appliqué on page 124.
Completing the Tea Towels
Refer to Raw-edge Fusible Appliqué on page 124 for appliqué steps.
1. Center and fuse the tree motif pieces in numerical order with tree trunk 13/4" up from the bottom of the right side of the burgundy check tea towel referring to Figure 1.
2. Using thread to match fabrics and a narrow machine blanket stitch, sew all around each fused shape.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the truck motif pieces with tires 13/4" up from bottom edge and the star 11/2" above and to the left side of the truck roof on the black check tea towel as shown in Figure 2.
4. Cut the ball fringe into two equal lengths the width of the tea towel plus 1/2". Apply no-fray solution to each end of each length.
5. Wrap 1/4" of the trim around to the back of one tea towel with bottom edge of trim just above the hemmed edge of towel; pin to hold along the width of the tea towel and fold the opposite end to the back side. Machine-stitch to hold in place. Repeat on the second tea towel.
6. Cut the ribbon in half and tie each half into a small bow. Trim the ends and apply no-fray solution to the cut ends. Tack a bow to the top of the gift on each towel.
7. Sew a red button just under the tip of each tree bough on the tree towel to finish. •
Getting Ready for Christmas Truck Tea Towel Placement Diagram Size varies with purchased towel
Getting Ready for Christmas Tree Tea Towel Placement Diagram Size varies with purchased towel
Figure 1 13/ 4"
Figure 2 11/ 2" 13/ 4"