Serve-It-Hot Roll Warmer
So easy to sew, so pretty to see! Sew this reversible roll warmer to coordinate with every holiday table setting! Simply slip the roll warmer into your pretty basket and serve.
Finished size 16 inches in diameter
• 1/2 yard each 2 coordinating fabrics
• 1-inch bias-tape maker
• Basic sewing supplies and equipment
• Cut one 16-inch-diameter circle from each fabric.
• On the bias, cut 2-inch-wide strips from each fabric to make two 55inch lengths of bias tape.
1. From each fabric, position two strips at right angles to each other with right sides together and raw edges even (Figure 1). Using a 1/4-inch seam, stitch across raw edge. Press seam open and trim triangles. Repeat as needed to make 55 inches long.
2. Insert one end of strip through bias-tape maker (Figure 2). Pull strip through several inches and press. Continue pulling strip through, pressing as you go.
3. Bring folded edges of strip together, extending one side slightly so it is wider than the other; press (Figure 3).
1. For each circle, position a bias strip from contrasting fabric around edge of circle with wide side of strip on wrong side of circle. Fold ends under at joining. Stitch using a zigzag stitch.
2. Layer circles together and fold into eight equal sections; press to mark. Unfold and stitch on pressed marks to create eight triangular compartments for rolls.