• Social league: The J&J Social and Travel Club will have its weekly league bowling from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Sands Bowl, 43323 Sierra Highway in Lancaster. For details, call 661-267-2586.
• Free lessons: Santos Boxing USA is reaching out to Antelope Valley youth to offer free boxing lessons for children age 6-17. Participants will learn about physical fitness to help combat childhood obesity, as well as how to channel their energy in a positive way. Classes take place each Tuesday and Saturday at 211 E. Avenue K, Suite A in Lancaster. For more information, call (661) 390-0841 or email santosboxin[email protected]
• Monthly meetings: The High Desert Cyclists will hold monthly meetings on the third Monday of each month from 7-9 p.m. at the Texas Cattle Company, 44206 10th Street West in Lancaster. For details, email [email protected]desertcyclists.com.
• Weekly clinic: Junior and adult golf clinics are available every Saturday at Desert Aire Golf Course.
Junior courses begin at 9 a.m. for $10 and adults are at 10:15 a.m. for $15. Come enjoy and learn the basic fundamentals of golf.
For more information, contact Kenny Green at 947-0800 or by email at houseofgolfpalm[email protected]
• Weekly classes: Come join the fun and learn to play pickleball.
INDOOR — Play at 24 Hour Fitness Center in Lancaster, Basketball Court on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8-11 a.m. Equipment and instruction provided by instructor/coordinator Joe Dagata, call/text 661-943-3357. A 24 Hour Fitness Center Membership is required. Seniors have free memberships.
OUTDOOR — Play on the Pickleball Courts at Sgt. Steve Owen Memorial Park on Saturday 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday and Tuesday 5-7:30 p.m. Equipment and instruction provided by Joe Dagata, call 661-943-3357 for more information.
Advanced players are welcome to join Team AV Pickleball. For more information call/text Dana Young at 661-209-0451. Team AV Practices regularly in Palmdale and competes out of the area winning Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
• Tryouts: AYSO United-Antelope Valley will be hosting youth club soccer tryouts for girls born in 2008 and 2007, as well as boys born in 2009. For More Information and to register, please contact Director of Coaching Nikolas at 661-575-5632.
• Classes: JCJ/ATA, the Community Tennis Association in the A.V., and Net Generation are taking tennis to new heights in the Antelope Valley. Net Generation is a nation wide USTA tennis program that will make tennis accessible to more kids ages 8 to 17 years old.
The NJTL tennis program, which has been based at Jane Reynolds Park in Lancaster since 2008, will continue to offer low cost tennis lessons to kids who would not ordinarily have the opportunity to take tennis lessons. The goal of the program has not changed, just it’s name and scope.
For more information on what the newly named JCJ/ATA, NJTL’s offers, contact, text only: 818-800-7802.
• New classes: With classes starting at $40 per month, Excel Tennis strives to put a racket in the hands of any person who wishes to learn or improve their game. Excel Tennis offers public and private classes and unique amenities — a unique rating system, year round ladders, quarterly tournaments — for ages 5-adult. These all come free with signing up.
Classes are currently held at Sgt. Steve Owen Memorial Park (formerly Lancaster City Park), Jane Reynolds Park and El Dorado Park.
For more information, visit http://www. exceltennisav.com or call founder Brandon Diaz at 661-299-8032.
• Programs: For information on adult tennis and other tennis programs in the Antelope Valley, visit www.1ygmg.ustapro. com and click on lessons.
(To submit an entry to the Community Notebook, email information to [email protected]press.com)