Shooter is the eighth album from Shooter Jennings. Jennings is the son of leather-andlace country couple, Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, but he hasn’t always followed in his parents’ country footsteps, dabbling in dystopian rock opera in 2010 with Black Ribbons. However, this new album sees Jennings reverting to his country and Southern rock and roll roots.
1. In the first few years of his life, Shooter Jennings lived on his parents’ tour bus, surrounded by the likes of Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash.
2. Jennings signed his first recording contract in 2005 with Universal South Records and released his first album, Put the “O” Back in Country, that same year.
3. In the Johnny Cash biopic, Walk the Line, Jennings portrays the role of his father.
4. For Shooter, Jennings is reunited with Grammy-winning producer Dave Cobb.
5. Jennings would love to work with robots – he is determined to record an album with an animatronic band called the Rock-afire Explosion, who are fronted by a keyboardplaying gorilla.