Journalist Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is investigating a bio-engineering firm rumored to be performing human trials involving symbiotic lifeforms discovered in outer space, when he is infected by the ‘symbiotes’ and begins to experience strange symptoms. Manifesting itself as Venom, the symbiotic alter-ego begins to take over Brock’s life, as he faces a race against time to find a cure and stop the bio-engineering firm from reclaiming the presence living alongside him.
1. Tom Hardy’s son, a fan of the character Venom, convinced his father to take on the role.
2. Venom marks Stan Lee’s second-final appearance in a Marvel movie. Before his death, Lee also filmed a scene for the upcoming fourth Avengers movie.
3. The movie was released in the 30th anniversary year of Venom’s debut appearance in Marvel comics.
4. Hardy also provided the voiceover for Venom, and would listen to the lines he recorded through an earpiece during scenes in which Brock and Venom communicated with each other.
5. Venom is the first film in Sony’s Marvel Universe, which is not part of the ongoing narrative of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or ‘MCU’.
by Ruben Fleischer Genre: Action & Adventure Released: 2018Price: $19.99