TURN- BY-TURN FROM THE SUOMI HILLS TRAILHEAD
1) Pick up the Suomi Hills Trail and head north along the escarpment flanking Kremer Lake to the start of the loop at mile 1.4.
2) The best campsite is close, so your route from here depends on timing. If you’re
starting late, go clockwise to reach camp in 1.3 miles. If it’s early, take the longer route as follows: Split onto the north fork, following the path 3.8 miles past the eastern banks of Doctor, Adele, Beaver, Hooligan, and Balloon Lakes.
3) Proceed on the main trail as it wraps back around the western shores of the same lakes to mile 7.
4) Now on the opposite side of Doctor Lake, continue .1 mile south to 15-acre Spruce Island Lake to camp.
5) Next day, head 1.3 miles south on the main trail to close the loop.
6) Retrace your steps to the trailhead.