ZUCCHINI PIZZA TACOS
pictured on page 26. prep 2 hours 30 minutes rise 1 hour grill 8 minutes
22/3 cups warm water ( 105° F)
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
41/2 tsp. active dry yeast
71/2 cups all- purpose flour
6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
3 lb. zucchini, quartered
Ranchero Sauce (see recipe)
1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1 cup shaved red onion
30 squash blossoms (optional)
1 15- oz. carton ricotta cheese, strained
1 bunch fresh chives, cut in 2- inch lengths
Crushed red pepper
1. For dough, in a large mixing bowl stir together warm water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over top. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, oil, and the 1 Tbsp. salt. Make a well in the center; pour in yeast mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon to form a rough dough ball. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
3. Divide dough into thirty 2- inch balls, about 2 oz. each. Arrange on an oiled tray, brushing the top of each with extra virgin olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm area 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Roll out each ball on a floured surface to a 6- inch circle. Prick with a fork. Brush with additional oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 1 to 3 minutes per side or until browned.
5. Brush zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, 6 minutes or until browned and tender, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, slice on the bias.
6. To assemble, spread each crust with 1 to 2 Tbsp. Ranchero Sauce. Add a few pieces mozzarella, zucchini, red onion, and a squash blossom, if desired. Top with ricotta, chives, and crushed red pepper. Fold to eat. Makes 30 tacos. ranchero sauce In a large saucepan heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add 2 chopped red sweet peppers, 21/2 cups chopped tomatoes, 1 cup chopped white onion, and 2 chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce; cook until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup water; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup honey. Transfer to blender. Blend until smooth.
per taco 235 cal, 8 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 18 mg chol, 349 mg sodium, 31 g carb, 2 g fiber, 5 g sugars, 9 g pro.