Better Homes & Gardens - Best of Summer Recipes
PEACHES & CREAM PROSECCO CAKE
prep 50 minutes bake 25 minutes at 350°F chill 2 hours
21/4 cups all- purpose flour
21/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
21/4 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup Prosecco or sparkling rosé
4 medium ripe peaches, pitted and
1/4 cup Prosecco or sparkling rosé
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
Sliced or chopped peaches
1. For cake: Allow eggs to stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour three 8×11/2- inch round baking pans. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. In an extra- large bowl beat eggs with a mixer on high 5 minutes or until thickened and light. Beat on medium an additional 5 minutes while gradually adding sugar, 1/4 cup at a time. (Batter will be light and fluffy.) Beat in flour mixture on medium- low until just combined.
3. In a small saucepan heat and stir milk and butter until butter melts. Add to batter, beating until combined; beat in almond extract. Divide batter among prepared pans.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Transfer pans to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks over a shallow pan or tray. Using a long-tine meat fork, poke cakes all over. Slowly pour Prosecco over cakes. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 2 to 24 hours.
5. For fresh peach filling: In a large bowl combine peaches, Prosecco, and sugar; stir well. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a potato masher or fork, mash into a coarse mixture.
6. For whipped cream frosting: In an extra- large bowl beat heavy cream, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla with mixer on medium until stiff peaks form; set aside.
7. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half the fresh peach filling. Top with second cake layer; spread with remaining peach filling. Top with third cake layer. Spread top and sides with frosting. To serve, top with sliced peaches and mint leaves. Makes 12 servings.
each serving 614 cal, 30 g fat ( 18 g sat. fat), 148 mg chol, 273 mg sodium, 77 g carb, 2 g fiber, 57 g sugars, 8 g pro.