RASPBERRY ANGEL CUPCAKES
prep 40 minutes bake 20 minutes at 350°F
11/2 cups egg whites (10 to 12 large eggs)
11/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup all- purpose flour
11/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup fresh raspberries
11/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks),
cut into 1- inch pieces, softened
2 7- oz. jars marshmallow creme
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
Fresh raspberries and blueberries
1. For cupcakes: In an extra- large mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sift powdered sugar and flour together three times; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 31/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
3. Add cream of tartar and vanilla to egg whites. Using a mixer on medium, beat until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar, 2 Tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. 4. Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over egg whites; fold in gently. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Spoon into bake cups, filling each to top of cup. Bake 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and spring back when lightly touched. Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove bake cups from pan; cool completely.
5. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a hole in the center and to the bottom of each cupcake. Fill centers with three or four berries.
6. For marshmallow frosting: In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter with a mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add marshmallow creme; beat until smooth, scraping sides of bowl. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat until light and fluffy. (If frosting is too stiff to spread, soften in a microwave oven no more than 10 seconds; beat again until smooth.) Using a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip, pipe frosting. Hold pastry bag directly over each cupcake. Squeeze and release, lifting bag; repeat twice. Top with fresh berries and sift with powdered sugar. Makes 12 servings.
per serving 542 cal, 23 g fat, 61 mg chol, 263 mg sodium, 79 g carb, 1 g fiber, 61 g sugars, 5 g pro.