BERRY PATCHWORK TART
prep 20 minutes chill 2 hours bake 12 minutes at 375° F
Nonstick cooking spray
1 8- oz. pkg. refrigerated
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup loosely packed mint or
2/3 cup mascarpone or cream
2 Tbsp. honey
3/4 cup whipping cream
6 cups berries (raspberries,
blueberries, blackberries, and
halved or sliced small
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a 13×9- inch baking pan with heavy foil, extending foil beyond pan edges. Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Press dough evenly into bottom of pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan combine the 1/2 cup honey, the water, and mint or basil. Bring to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand to cool. Strain syrup, discarding herbs. Set aside.
3. For cheese layer, in a medium bowl stir together mascarpone and the 2 Tbsp. honey. (If using cream cheese, beat until smooth, then beat in honey.) In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream to soft peaks; gradually stir into cheese. Spread cheese layer on crust. Use a knife tip to mark two lengthwise lines and three crosswise lines to form 12 squares.
4. In separate bowls toss berries with about 1 Tbsp. syrup for each cup of berries. Spoon about 1/2 cup berries in each square. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Drizzle with remaining syrup, if desired.
5. Lifting foil edges, transfer tart from pan to serving platter. Serve immediately or chill up to 4 hours. Tart is best served the same day it is prepared. Makes 12 bars.
per bar 253 cal, 14 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 37 mg chol, 164 mg sodium, 31 g carb, 4 g fiber, 19 g sugars, 5 g pro.