• RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) a chronic pain disease, a support and informative group, meets at 213 Circle. Call Lucy at 432-517-9207 for more information.
• Celebrate Recovery meets at First United Methodist Church Youth Hall, 400 Scurry, from 6-8 p.m. Hurts, habits and hang-ups. Leave message for Joyce Webb at 325-212-8600.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, 615 Settles, open discussion noon to 1 p.m.; women's meeting 6:30 until 7:30 p.m. Newcomers' meeting 8 p.m. until 9 p.m.
• Weight Watchers meets at 6 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Weigh-in is at 5:30 p.m. Weigh-in is confidential and you don't have to talk if you don't want to. Flexible payment options.
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder support group meeting is at 6:30 p.m. at the VA Medical Center Veteran's Healing Center.
• Bring Everyone Into The Zone, or BEITZ Support Group, is a veteran-based peer group. The purpose of the group is to provide peer-to-peer support to service members, veterans and families, especially those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), military sexual trauma (MST) and other traumatic events in their lives. BEITZ meets every Thursday at 6 p.m. t 501 Birdwell Lane. For more information, email fran[email protected], or call 432-268-3003.
• GriefShare is a Biblical support group that focuses on helping people who are dealing with a loved one's death. Each DVD session features nationally respected grief experts and real-life stories, followed by small group discussion about the topics presented (with workbook support). Meetings are weekly, every Thursday, at Trinity Baptist Church in Big Spring. Call Vivian Gordon at 432-466-3583 for more information.
• Reformers Unanimous International is a faithbased addictions program helping people find freedom from addiction. Meetings begin at 7 p.m. Fridays at Trinity Baptist Church in Big Spring. Enter at the main entrance of the church.
• AA open discussion meeting from noon until 1 p.m. at 605 Settles. Open Big Book study meeting, 8 p.m. until 9 p.m.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open discussion meeting, 615 Settles, noon to 1 p.m. Open podium/ speakers meeting 8 p.m. until 9 p.m. Open birthday night, no smoking meeting the last Saturday of each month at 8 p.m. Covered dish supper at 7 p.m.
• Alcoholics Anonymous closed meeting from 11 a.m. to noon at 615 Settles. Open meeting 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, As Bill Sees It, 615 Settles, 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Big Spring and Snyder Parkinson's Support Group meeting at the Big Spring Senior Center at 10:30 a.m. the second Tuesday of the month. This is a group for all Parkinson's Disease patients, spouses and caregivers. For more information about the support group or about Parkinson's Disease, contact Jo Bidwell at the Lubbock APDA office at 806-785-0942.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, 615 Settles, noon to 1 p.m.; newcomers meeting 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• A six-week course in Wellness and Quality of Life with Chronic Pain will be held at Spring Creek Fellowship at the Spring Town Plaza, 1801 E. FM 700. There is no charge for the course, and a workbook will be provided. Contact Steve Purdy at 432-517-4840 for more information.