Michaels Recollections cardstock: seaside multipack, neutral multipack, cartulina green Lake City Craft quilling paper strips: 1/8-inch-wide multipack #354, 1/4-inchwide multipack #353 Stampendous! Happy Messages stamp set Ink pads: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento (tuxedo black); Clearsnap Fluid Chalk (chestnut roan, charcoal) Die templates: Spellbinders™ (Classic Scalloped Circles LG #S4-124, Standard Circles LG #S4-114); Sizzix (Framelits Circles #657551) Cricut Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder (#37-1604) Die-cutting and embossing machine McGill 1mm/5mm ball embossing tool The Punch Bunch mega birch leaf punch Adhesive foam tabs Elmer’s adhesive runner Aleene’s tacky glue
1. Form a 5 x 61/2-inch card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut a 33/4 x 55/8-inch piece from blue cardstock. Adhere to green cardstock; trim a small border. Adhere to card front.
3. For stem, cut a 1/4 x 31/2-inch piece from green cardstock. Punch three leaves from green cardstock. Sponge brown ink on edges of each piece. Use embossing tool to add vein pattern to leaves. Using photo as a guide, adhere pieces to card front, folding bottom leaf downward.
4. For flower center, die-cut one each of the following shapes from brown cardstock: 7/8inch Standard Circles LG, 13/8-inch Standard Circles LG, 11/4-inch Framelits Circles, and 15/8-inch Scalloped Circles LG. Sponge edges using charcoal ink. Emboss all pieces, except scalloped circle, using embossing folder. Layer and adhere all pieces together, placing scalloped circle on bottom and attaching two smallest embossed circles with foam tabs.
5. For small pointed petals, use a 1-inch length of 1/8-inch-wide light yellow quilling paper and cross ends to create a petal shape (Photo 1). Repeat to make a total of 22 petals; adhere to back of flower center (Photo 2). 6. In the same manner, create a second row of petals using 11/4-inch lengths of 1/4-inch-wide light yellow quilling paper. Make a total of 19 petals; adhere to previous row (Photo 3). 7. In the same manner, create a third row of petals using 11/4-inch lengths of 1/4-inch-wide medium yellow quilling paper. Make a total of 19 petals. Adhere to previous row slightly offset (Photo 4). Attach completed flower to card front using foam tabs. 8. Cut a 31/2 x 3/4-inch piece from cream cardstock. Stamp sentiment using black ink. Adhere to tan cardstock; trim a small border. Adhere to card front. •