Birthday Wishes MATERIALS
American Crafts cardstock: brown, white, orange Doodlebug Kraft in Color Bon Bon Woodgrain patterned paper Stamp sets: Unity Stamp Co. (Acorn Greetings); Penny Black (Letter Background); EK Success/Inkadinkado (Autumn Foliage); Crafty Secrets (Grand Greetings) Ink pads: IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko VersaMark (watermark); Ranger Distress (mustard seed, vintage photo, tea dye, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge) Gold fine-detail embossing powder American Crafts yellow twine Doodlebug orange button Embossing heat tool Acrylic stamp block Spray bottle Repositionable tape Therm O Web adhesive dots Bazzill Basics adhesive runner
1. Form a 5 x 6-inch side-fold card from white cardstock.
2. Cut a 5 x 6-inch piece from patterned paper; adhere to card front.
3. Cut a 4 x 6-inch piece from brown cardstock; stamp sentiment onto panel using watermark ink. Sprinkle with embossing powder; heat-emboss. Adhere panel to card front.
4. Cut a 35/8 x 41/2-inch piece from white cardstock.
5. Apply Distress inks to acrylic block with lightest colors on center and darker colors near outside edge; spray generously with water. Press inked side of block firmly onto white panel, transferring ink to panel; let dry. Note: If enough water is not sprayed onto block or it is not pressed firmly onto panel, a lessblended effect will be achieved.
6. Using photo as a guide and working with one image at a time, stamp sentiment and acorn images onto panel using watermark ink. Sprinkle with embossing powder; heat-emboss. 7. Stamp acorn images onto white cardstock; cut out to use as masks. Place over stamped images on white panel. Place repositionable tape over sentiment.
8. Stamp Letter Background onto card front using watermark ink. Remove masks from acorns. Sprinkle panel with embossing powder; heat-emboss, taking care to avoid re-heating previously embossed images.
9. Remove tape from sentiment. Adhere panel to orange cardstock; trim a small border; adhere to card front.
10. Wrap card front with twine. Thread ends through button; tie in a bow.
Decorate inside of card as desired.