Papertrey Ink cardstock: vintage cream, dark chocolate, gold shimmer Watercolor paper Ink pads: IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko Delicata (golden glitz); Ranger Distress (rusty hinge, wild honey) ColourArte Twinkling H20s watercolors: cedar wood, celestial sun, cinnamon stick, copper penny, garnet, ginger peach, golden opal, hot cinnamon Hemptique 10 lb. hemp cord Washi tape Red button Self-adhesive gems Dies: Simon Says Stamp! (Small Hello #SSSD111327); leaves Sizzix Bubble Wrapping embossing folder (#657846) Die-cutting machine Watercolor brushes Brayer Foam ink dauber Adhesive dot Stick It die-cut adhesive 3M adhesive foam tape
1. Form a 31/2 x 5-inch card from cream cardstock.
2. Watercolor a brown swatch and a redorange swatch on watercolor paper; set aside to dry.
3. Cut a 31/4 x 43/4-inch panel from cream cardstock for faux letterpress print.
4. Open embossing folder to lie flat; apply gold ink to raised surface side of folder with a brayer.
5. Place cream panel on uninked side of embossing folder and close it by bringing inked side to cardstock.
6. Run folder through die-cutting machine two to three times; remove faux print and set aside to dry. Note: Clean ink from embossing folder immediately.
7. Apply Distress inks with foam dauber along faux print’s bottom left corner.
8. Wrap hemp cord around faux print four times and secure it with washi tape on back of panel; adhere to card with foam tape.
9. Die-cut leaves from watercolor swatches; adhere to faux print with foam tape.
10. Cut panels of cream, brown and shimmer cardstock for die-cutting sentiment. Apply die-cut adhesive to back of each panel; die-cut one sentiment from each.
11. Remove adhesive backing from brown sentiment and adhere to leaf as shown. Repeat and layer cream and gold die-cut sentiments; shift sentiments slightly for shadow effect, if desired.
12. Thread button with hemp cord; tie bow. Adhere to card with adhesive dot.
13. Adhere gems.